• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kyocera Duraforce XD not compatible with apps

Hi all,

My S5 Active looks like it's not going to make it much longer, so after doing research on other phones (was looking for rugged phones,) the Duraforce seemed to fit the bill. I really would like to get the S7 Active, but the $800 price tag is not something I can afford right now. $300 for the Duraforce seemed better.

I have 14 days to play around with the phone and see if I like it. I was installing all my apps onto the Duraforce until I got to Credit Karma. When I try to install Credit Karma, it says my Device is not compatible with this version.

The current Android version on the XD is 5.1.1, so I'm not sure if that's what is causing the incompatibility with the app. Is there a some way that I could get the app to work?

I was considering an APK of an older version maybe, but with CK showing personal data, I'm worried it may be a security concern. Would rooting help?

If there's no way to install it, I may have to return the phone. I feel that if apps are already starting to become incompatible with the phone, it's only a matter of time before more apps follow suit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones