• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kyocera Milano 2.3.4 Root

pctech101

Lurker
May 14, 2010
I found:
http://heartheecho.webs.com/apps/fo...aridnours-one-click-style-rooting-tool?page=1

Saridnours has a 1 click root for the echo. Guess what...
After trying 6 times, it finally successfully rooted my Kyocera Milano C5120. It had issues with "su signal stopped" errors. Finally it succeeded and su ran properly after trying to do it a few times.

I do not want to give direct link, not my work.
Um... hope this helps

pctech101, all:

I just posted a new, standard root guide for your all-things-root sub-forum.

I wanted to link this thread in here, but I can't really see or figure-out the root method because the link you provided apparently requires member registration.

You can re-post the root method here and cite your source for the benefit of others and that would allow us to link and include that information in the root guide.

Thanks and let us know.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I tried that method but it could only get it to root temporarily. After some research I came across this method: How to Root HTC Amaze 4G on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread

It totally worked!

Here is the code from inside the batch file:

Code:
:cd %:h
adb wait-for-device
adb push zergRush /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/zergRush
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/*sh
adb shell /data/local/zergRush
adb wait-for-device
adb shell sleep 1
adb remount
adb shell mount -o rw,remount rootfs /
adb shell mount -o remount,suid /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 /system
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/sh
adb push ./su /system/bin
adb push ./su /system/bin
adb push ./busybox /system/bin
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb push ./Superuser.apk /system/app
adb install ./androidterm.apk
adb wait-for-device
adb shell sync
pause

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I have a Milano from Ting (Sprint), and have not found a root solution. I have tried Zergrush, Superoneclick, Unlock Root, and Gingerbreak but none of them work. On Ting's forum they explain that the Milano software was patched against Zergrush and other exploits around March 2012https://help.ting.com/entries/21807722-rooting-the-kyocera-milano

I have not found posts anywhere online of someone being able to root a Milano after March 2012. Without root this phone is pretty useless to me because it only has 150mb of internal memory and is so full of bloatware that it can only download about 3 apps then is full.

I am willing to make a donation to someone who can help me get this rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones