1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Kyocera rise, nobody can hear me on callsSupport

1. tfresca

tfresca New Member

I got one of these recently, virgin mobile and Target, and I like the phone but the microphone doesn't seem to work. I tried it with headphones and it works fine but using speakerphone or regular mode nobody can hear me. I can here them fine but I put out absolute silence. I think I'm within my return period but if anyone knows how to fix this issue I'd appreciate it. I've tried hard resets,etc, but no dice. I've found no information anywhere about people having a similar issue. Thanks for any help you can give.

Advertisement
    :
  2. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Is it on mute?
  3. tammythomas20

tammythomas20 New Member

I have bought a Rise phone from Target and I love it, BUT the first one wouldn't charge except day one.The second phone-no one can hear me, norI them UNLESS its on speaker. Returned it again. Now on my third one and its doinf=g the same thing. Can't hear when on the phone. Am I missing something? I even called support at Virgin mobile and they said return it. But since it happened again, I don't know if its the phone or I missed something. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  4. tfresca

tfresca New Member

No it's not. Voice search doesn't work either. The mic is totally dead.
  5. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Send Virgin an email detailing the problem, they'll send you a replacement. You'll have to send the your current one back to them sans battery so delete your accounts from it before switching. Keep the sdcard too, they only care about the phone part.
  6. scbu

scbu New Member

:beer:How to fix Kyocera when you can't hear
    Go to settings go to sounds and check Hearing aid...Yes! Hearing aid...YEAH!
  7. scbu

scbu New Member

:party:How to fix Kyocera when you can't hear
    Go to settings go to sounds and check Hearing aid...Yes! Hearing aid...YEAH!
  8. TechDad378

TechDad378 Well-Known Member

Sometimes incompatible apps cause unwanted results.

Try this...
    Go to settings..
    Select backup&reset
    Select the option which states factory reset and follow the prompts
    ... This will delete all the data on your phone...
    If you plan on returning the phone you will want to do this step before returning anyway.

Once the factory reset completes the phone will reboot.
    After finishing the set-up process test the calls.

If you can make calls with no problems there was an app/feature you placed on your phone which was incompatible and caused the mic not to work.

If the mic did not work after factory reset, your mic is damaged and you will need to call virgin mobile for a replacement.

I suggest calling VM for replacement then bringing it back to the store.

Hope this helps!

TD378