• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kyrocera Rise Unresponsive touch screen, help!

MNS2413

Lurker
Mar 5, 2014
On my Kyrocera Rise, the touchscreen just stopped working. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, it didnt work. I tried to factory reset it and it said "error cannot load volume misc!". I also tried to clear patition cache and that didnt work either. I did not drop it or damage it with liquids. It just stopped responding. what can i do to fix this? Also would i be able to go to Best Buy where i purchased it and maybe they can either replace or fix it? Please Help!

I do not own this phone, so I cannot provide much technical advice. You have already done what I would have recommended to do.

If you do not get any better responses from other forum members, my advice is try to Best Buy first and see if they can help you, or replace the phone.

If they cannot help, call Virgin Mobile and see if they can help. Virgin Mobile may replace the phone, even if they did not sell it to you or it is just beyond warranty, to try and retain you as a customer.

If the customer service rep cannot help you, email Virgin Mobile customer support detailing the problem. These are not the same people as the customer service reps you talk to on the phone and seem to have a bit more power to resolve problems.

It sounds to me like the phone has gone bad, for whatever reason. Again, other forum members may have better ideas or a solution.

Good luck!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones