lack of memory?Support

Last Updated: 2011-10-22 13:57:27
  1. forumdood007

forumdood007 Member

After installing several apps, I now get a "low memory" warning. Seems there is very little internal memory.I spotted an option whereby I could move the apps to my 8 GB sd card. I figured this would solve the problem but now the phone does not recognize the apps as being installed. Can anybody help with this?

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

They should definitely still show as being installed. What did you use to move them to SD?
  3. lwaltonrees

lwaltonrees New Member

I am also concerned by the lack of internal memory on this phone.

I have just received my order of one today, in a hope that it would replace my iPhone. I have ordered a 16GB memory card, but it seems that most of the Apps can not be moved to the SD card. Is there anyway of making the phone install them on to an SD card?

As a brand new out of the box phone I have 100MB of internal memory left and this will not last long if not.
  4. mebrhea

mebrhea New Member

I too would like to know how to get stuff to go onto the SD card, and not the internal memory. I have moved all of the apps that I can onto it, which takes up almost no space, and I'm still 'low on memory'. On my liquid e I had more apps and more text conversations and no problems. So what's going on?
  5. NightAngel79

In menu, settings, storage, what does it show for program memory? Total and available
  6. mebrhea

mebrhea New Member

In my storage settings, all it shows is available space, which is ~30 MB. Doesn't give me any more information than that. I am running 2.2.2.
  7. NightAngel79

sounds like a problem with the device.... if moving them to sd didn't help you might be SOL.....
  8. highnoon

highnoon New Member

Hi!

I have just joined this forum. I have upgraded my Telstra 2.2 version to 2.3.5. ( Build Acer_LiquidMT_4.000.01_AAP-GEN2_03.28.01)

All that went smoothly, but I am interested in getting around the low memory issue. I have just 13.42MB of available internal mamory and have 1.6Gb of total 1.84GB of SD card memory.

Is there a "how to" section in this forum, specifically with apps to SD card?

Cheers
  9. NightAngel79

have you been able to move any apps to the sd card?