Lack of multitouch and how this affects gamesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Madmya

Madmya New Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that quite a few of these emulators, such as gensoid etc, require either multitouch or a physical keyboard to play games. Can anyone confirm if these emulators are broken because of a lack of multitouch? Can any of the controls be mapped to the phone's physical buttons?

Also, how are games in general? Are they over-simplistic trash because of the lack of good control schemes or are they actually decent?

I'd post this in the gaming section but I thought it was more relevant and more likely to get a response in the X10 sections.

Advertisement
  2. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

Yeah we defo need a multitouch update and it is possible to do even on non hardware specific screens it has been achieved just need sony to implement it.. playing any emulator like snes is impossible due to not being able to jump diagonally not tried it with accelarometer settings enabled could give it a go??

3. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

You can reprogram the buttons to use hardware buttons but that doesn't really work for directions.
    I've got gameboid but I only really use it for turn based games or slower games that don't require quick actions, Mario kart is useless on it.
    I don't think the X10 can do multi touch engadget said there would but sony denied it, hopefully there will be but I doubt it I think it's a hardware issue not software

4. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

Synaptics driver enables multitouch gestures on older trackpads -- Engadget

is one link proving it can be done despite hardware

Resistive HTC devices can have (pseudo) multitouch, too -- Engadget

AND THIS ONE proves it is possible on phones, if it can be done on a resistive screen then capacitive is an easy work around. Sort it out sony!!!

Engadget rules.....