Ladies and Gentlemen: CyanogenMod 7 on the Triumph

1. jcullen

jcullen New Member

Hi, I've installed TJ Style's recovery. It's working great. I've been following your CM7 progress, and I'm very excited. Also, I'm on MotoDev. I saw the thread requesting code, but I'm not seeing if they've released the kernel source code yet. I know there's been talk about the Ascend being similar, but no way those kernels could work for this Snapdragon processor. Any word on that code being released by Motorola? So far the Triumph isn't listing on Rom Manager. :( I am mega impressed with you and TJ for getting this far so quickly. Thanks for all the hard work! I'll be following you. Thanks again!!!
  2. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

I am one of the people asking for the source code on opensource.motorola.com. When it's released, you can be sure I'll be all over it. They're source packages seem very complete and I look forward to getting it.

As for TJ's CWM, it wouldn't flash a package made by me. I have a CWM that I worked on that does. For now, however, there's no point and having people migrate to a new CWM. I think there are some users who actually have my CWM.

The Triumph will not be listed on ROM Manager until someone submits the recovery sauce to Koush.

I'm sure that a kernel for another Foxconn FB0 variant device would work on the Triumph. The question is, how much of it will work?

As of right now, I'm sitting on my hands waiting for Moto to release something to us.
    Rezanow, MarkMcCoskey and rvarn1 like this.
  3. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member

:eek: So you won't be able to get a working build of Cyanogen until Moto releases teh kernel? that sucks... thanks for all of your efforts!
    Ricksta
  4. GamerCore

GamerCore VIP Member VIP Member

Javeline4 likes this.
  5. settel

settel New Member

Why cant you just use the drivers from the sys/bus directory?
  6. isaacj87

I don't have time to work on anything this week. It's summer session finals week, but I am going to send in the Triumph to be included in ROM Manager.

If Koush approves my configs, he'll add the Triumph CWM port to ROM Manager.

Let me know if things change over there on opensource.motorola!
    Rezanow likes this.
  7. isaacj87

Done:

I should mention that this is good because we'll have an official build of CWM for the Triumph that can be found in ROM Manager.
    Rezanow and MarkMcCoskey like this.
  8. blarf

blarf Active Member

Was it? One of the first issues I opened on Gerrit was a patch to get MMS working with Virgin... and nobody's even commented on it.

After dealing with lots of bug fixing on the Optimus V I've got some experience (altho mostly with a pretty straightforward MSM7k chipset). What's broken on the Triumph?
  9. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Well-Known Member

Everything...
  10. blarf

blarf Active Member

If you don't have anything useful to say...
  11. ceejay83

ceejay83 Well-Known Member

there really isn't anything broken on the triumph, just a lot of people are experiencing different bugs. bad reception/gps, hotspot is somewhat limited, low battery life, screen issues, low quality camera etc
  12. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think he was wanting to know what's broken on the CM7 build, not stock.
  13. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

Isaac, this may be helpful - maybe not though...

I'm not sure if this will help us much at all, but, I figured I'd put this out there.

Froyo and GB ROMs for some GSM variants of the Foxconn FB400 phone (which is what the Triumph is ) can be found here:

CSL Mi410 (Foxconn FB400) Official User Thread

Kernel Source and other goodies can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/FB400
    isaacj87 likes this.
  14. isaacj87

Thanks, I'll have a look through that. I'm actually using the Spice Mi-410 kernel source, but the keymapping is wrong. Since I don't have radio/3G working yet, I can't tell if the kernel is usable. I'm just going to wait for the Moto sources as it'll hopefully be easier to work with.

I have a nice little surprise coming later today. I'm sure you will all approve. ;)

EDIT:

Here's what I have working:

- Screen rotate/orientation
    - USB mounting
    - LED and keyboard lights
    - Touchscreen with multi-touch
    - 3D graphics/hardware accelerated
    - Badass CRT monitor animation
    rvarn1, wewe and marx2k like this.
  15. minus5252

minus5252 Well-Known Member

Yeehaw! Great to hear an update, Isaac!

Minus5252

16. wewe

wewe Member

Cant wait what you have in store. thanks for the hard work
  17. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Well-Known Member

Lol no I was serious, he said nothing was working
  18. kevmanw430

kevmanw430 Member

19. isaacj87

Check the thread. The only real source is the kernel and I'm already using it. The GB roms could be useful if I could unpack the nb0 file. I don't dare flash the thing on my own phone.
  20. kevmanw430

kevmanw430 Member

All right, thanks! I actually don't have the phone, or I'd flash it on, I'm very much considering getting one, and if CM7 works great on it, I'll pull the trigger. (Running CM7 on my Nook Color @ 1.3GHz OC, love it)
  21. isaacj87

Well, it's definitely a work-in-progress, but what I have so far runs like a beast. I'm hoping to push WIFI and audio fixes tonight.
    MarkMcCoskey likes this.
  22. kevmanw430

kevmanw430 Member

Wifi would be great, but is the source your using GSM? I figure, since the Triumph is CDMA, you won't get 3G running on it until Motorola releases sources. Course, you probobly already knew that. Good to hear GPU is working.
  23. tgenius

tgenius Well-Known Member

Isaac, by beast do you mean like really fast? :) Is it faster in the menus going back and forth and stuff then the stock ROM? Would it be possible to film a short video clip so we could see your work?

Thank you, the CM7 build your working on is leaving hope for the phone. :D
  24. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Guys,

I've moved this thread to the all-things-root sub-forum.

Cheers!

...and I'm going to link to it from the root guide...