• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ladies using a Droid...

What kind of bag are you carrying it in? I'm looking for a small bag(basically a wallet on a cross-body strap) with a zippered pocket on the outside big enough to fit the droid....

Everything I find is either magnetic (not droid friendly) or not a wide enough phone pocket.

Thanks for any tips....

What would you like this bag made out of? I am considering making some accessories for smart phones. Kind of custom products. Maybe I can come up with something you want. This sounds like a good idea.
Paul

Upvote 0
My wife uses a red bag with two handles. It's like 1'x2' and also holds anything you could ever need while away from home.

LOL! I almost made a reference to not wanting a bag that held everything including the kitchen sink when I first posted. I really would like to keep my "phone" in a separate compartment and easily accessible. Nothing else I carry is worthy....

Upvote 0
What would you like this bag made out of? I am considering making some accessories for smart phones. Kind of custom products. Maybe I can come up with something you want. This sounds like a good idea.
Paul

I would imagine leather would get the biggest audience with the ladies....I don't always use that.....sometimes canvas or nylon is appropriate.

Upvote 0
Thanks....but we got off-topic with all the male posturing....and I was really looking for more of a wallet with a strap, with an extra pocket for the phone....

Anyone know what is going in the zippered pocket here? I don't think it would fit in the phone pocket. Is that smaller than my droid? Am I just asking to scratch the screen with the zipper on the way in?

i'm confused .. are you looking for a purse or a wallet

Upvote 0
Paul

I can't imagine paying a lot of money or getting too excited about anything that wasn't leather. The softer, the better. In different colors but at least the main neutrals: black, tan, red.

It's easy to find cheap crap made out of synthetics but for quality products, it has to be leather.

I actually am still looking for a good case for my Droid. I have the perfect one for my BB but need it for the Droid. (http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Le..._1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1264690584&sr=8-1).

Upvote 0
Don't know if it would be too sporty for you, but...

I got a small "slider" case for my Timbuk2 bag and it is exactly the right size for my Droid.
It velcros onto your bag strap, and is easily removable if I want to dump it into another purse.

I'd really like a Sena wallet for my Droid like I have for my iPod Touch, but again, that has a magnet.

Upvote 0
I'm a student so I primarily carry a backpack, but on the weekends this is one of the many bags I use:
The Medium Cafe Shoulder Bag by: TOM BIHN
(for scale, not a pic of me: Waiting for the streetcar on Flickr - Photo Sharing! )
There's a slightly smaller version:
The Small Cafe Shoulder Bag by: TOM BIHN
And there's also this, which can either be a waist bag or a shoulder bag:
The Side Effect: Convertible Shoulder Bag/Waist Pack/Organizer Bag by: TOM BIHN

Don't know if it would be too sporty for you, but...

I got a small "slider" case for my Timbuk2 bag and it is exactly the right size for my Droid.
It velcros onto your bag strap, and is easily removable if I want to dump it into another purse.

I'd really like a Sena wallet for my Droid like I have for my iPod Touch, but again, that has a magnet.

I was actually thinking of buying that today! I couldn't decide if I should buy the slider, or their newer Shagg case. Glad to hear the Slider fits the Droid.

Upvote 0
I don't like to have to scrounge around in my purse for my phone and the side pockets are always so full of lint and other things. How about this? Sorry, no strap on it though so probably not exactly what you want.

Its $18.99 and free shipping in the US.

I found it at

Attachments

• swiss_leatherware_bank3.jpg
    swiss_leatherware_bank3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 0
Anyone know what is going in the zippered pocket here? I don't think it would fit in the phone pocket. Is that smaller than my droid? Am I just asking to scratch the screen with the zipper on the way in?

Snaz, you might look into the Rosetti line of handbags. They offer all variations of outside pocket organizers while being completely stylish. They're one of my favorites. My current bag is a cloth/canvass type with a sort of Louis Vuitton type of pattern. One side has a zippered outer compartment that contains compartments for currency and credit cards and the other outer side has two pockets, one with a velcro tab on the underside of the tab specifically for a cell phone. It's open enough to still hear your phone well and quickly access it. It looks sorta like this, but not with this fabric:

Rosetti Signature Miracle Mini Tote

To give you an idea, here's a link to some, but if you go to a Kohls store (not on line, not a big selection on line) they have a HUGE variety of Rosettis.

Handbags - Women's Wallets, Purses & Bags at Kohls.com

Upvote 0
Hi Snaz. I don't always have a pocket in my work pants, but I like keeping my phone with me. I picked up a case at Target very similar to this one.

Golla Digital Camera Case - Red : Target

It includes a cord so I can hang it around my neck (I'm a teacher, so we always have things dangling from around our necks. It has a belt loop and a hook as well). It's a tight fit with the Verizon rubberized case on it, but it fits. I'm hoping it will stretch out over time. The one I got has a zipper pocket on the front, and I keep lip balm in it.

You could probably hook it to a purse strap as well. My Target had a pretty good variety of colors and patterns. Hope this is helpful!

Upvote 0
@Snaz - if you really think the zipper is gonna scratch the DROID's screen, you should take a look at a few of these videos: droid scratch test - Google Videos

I know you were confounded by the male BS before, but this time, you're off-base - the DROID's screen will hold up better to scratches and nicks than will most windows.

Now, that being said, you can bet your bottom dollar that I personally will never use it in such a device where I have even a chance of scratching it with a zipper - but if it works for you in all other manners, then maybe this will make you feel better about it, knowing that the DROID screen is not easy to scratch.

Upvote 0
What kind of bag are you carrying it in? I'm looking for a small bag(basically a wallet on a cross-body strap) with a zippered pocket on the outside big enough to fit the droid....

Everything I find is either magnetic (not droid friendly) or not a wide enough phone pocket.

Thanks for any tips....
I am very sorry for being off topic but...
I read that as "What kind of bra are you carrying it in?" at first glance.

Upvote 0
@Snaz - if you really think the zipper is gonna scratch the DROID's screen, you should take a look at a few of these videos: droid scratch test - Google Videos

I know you were confounded by the male BS before, but this time, you're off-base - the DROID's screen will hold up better to scratches and nicks than will most windows.

Now, that being said, you can bet your bottom dollar that I personally will never use it in such a device where I have even a chance of scratching it with a zipper - but if it works for you in all other manners, then maybe this will make you feel better about it, knowing that the DROID screen is not easy to scratch.

I'm late responding...but I don't remember ever actually saying I thought it would scratch...I believe I asked if anyone thought it might. I have seen some of those videos....but it isn't just the glass I'm worried about. Why should I damage the any part of the phone if I can help it? If you're going to give me grief it may as well be accurate....

Upvote 0
I'm late responding...but I don't remember ever actually saying I thought it would scratch...I believe I asked if anyone thought it might. I have seen some of those videos....but it isn't just the glass I'm worried about. Why should I damage the any part of the phone if I can help it? If you're going to give me grief it may as well be accurate....
so did you find the bag/wallet (cuz ur not sure) yet

Upvote 0
Snaz,
My wife just Picked up something along the lines of what your lookg for. It was at Staples. Made by Buxton. It has a spot for the phone and an area for some credit cards etc. Long sholder strap and a shot key strap that is optionally used. It has a magnetic catch. I put my droid in it and it didnt activate the car or multimedia modes. All leather and black. Check it out.

Upvote 0
Is this just an excuse for a woman to buy more accessories? *ducks*

Much like I try to buy carpenter jeans w/ the convenient "cellphone" pocket, my g/f tries to buy pocketbooks w/ a similar pocket on the side. She's currently using an LG Dare w/ a thick protective case that makes it very similar in size to the Droid. More often then not, they use a simple clip to secure. You probably know all about those, though, and this post is probably useless, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones