Lag and 2.1

Last Updated:

1. bh8690

bh8690 Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since updating to 2.1, Droid seems to lag much more when switching between applications. I notice this most often when opening MESSAGING or GALLERY. Any ideas? My Droid use to much zippier.

Advertisement
  2. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Try clearing your cache partition. Might speed things up.

3. zep

zep Well-Known Member

Dumb question, how would one do this....if hypothetically one were so inclined. :shiftyeyes:

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Boot the phone while holding X on the keyboard. The option should be somewhere in the recovery menu there. It's been a while since I had stock recovery so I can't be more help than that.

stareja and zep like this.
  5. Trident

Yep, that's how ya do it.

Sent from my Droid

zep likes this.
  6. bh8690

bh8690 Member This Topic's Starter

My thought is that the problem is actually the new 2.1 gallery (don't like it) which is extremely slow to open (and update with new pictures)...since the messaging appl. depends upon pics from the gallery, it is sort of victim to the gallery's sluggishness.

7. Trident

No the gallery really doesn't bog it down. It only runs the gallery's code when your actually in the app.

Sent from my Droid

8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I have noticed this more going from an app to he home screen.. icons lag to show up and then show up in some odd order.

VERY noticeable since 2.1

9. iclickjohn

iclickjohn Well-Known Member

Funny, I was just searching first before I posted "Is anyone else noticing a lag since 2.1?"
    So yeah, I'm smelling something fishy. I've taken off Helix Home just in case it was that. I've taken off live wallpapers, just in case it was that. I've taken off any live widgets, jiciwt. I've taken off EVERTHING jiciwt!!! My droid still lags and as pointed out. mostly from apps back to home screen. I'll try the cache idea. But then what? 2.2 perhaps there is a reason why it's so soon.

10. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member

I have the same lag problem with my Droid. I have the 2D frame rate drop too which sucks since I really like to use emulators. I had a Verizon rep call me a week or so after the update and ask me if it went well and was experiencing any problems. I told her about the problems and she responded like it was a known issue, but not coming out and saying it was. I asked her if there was going to be a follow-up update to the 2.1-update1, she said that she could not comment directly on it but that "I was on the right track." Hopefully it is the upcoming 2.2 Froyo update or least one that fixes these problems.

11. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member

Where I notice the lag is with Nesoid, GBCoid, Gensoid, and SNESoid. That is really the only games that I play 2D. Anyone else have this problem or find a solution? I was thinking of backing up my SD card and formatting it to see if that is the problem. Any thoughts?