Lag and anti virus...

Last Updated:

1. Sjla2kology101

Sjla2kology101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I got the phone over a week ago and everything was great... After a couple days I downloaded anti virus and things seemed god but the lag started getting worse and music was scratchy and laggy, got to the point that I could not run gps and listen to music at the same time. Really was starting to frustrate me so I started thinking ok this its bad what could be causing this bad of lag.... And I realized that every time a song plays the anti virus scans... Scans all media so I deleted it and restarted my phone and since then my phone has been working like a damn charm.. No lag at all... No music stutter at all... So far my phone its working way better...... I'm pretty sure it was the anti virus slowing my phone down... Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Advertisement
  2. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member

Which were you using?

T

3. Sjla2kology101

Sjla2kology101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just called antivirus free.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm waiting until there's an actual review proving that these "antivirus" apps for Android actually do anything besides look nice before I waste my precious phone CPU cycles on them.

Considering how many fake (and malicious themselves) "antivirus" apps exist in the Windows world, preying upon gullible and paranoid users, I'm inherently suspicious.

5. RingMe

RingMe Active Member

I use Lookout Mobile Security, I don't detect any lag or battery drain from it.