• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lag and Homescreen Issue

Nov 30, 2009
When I'm in an app or searching the web I have been noticing that when I go back to the homescreen it takes a few seconds for everything to show. I only have a couple of apps and a widget on my home screen but there seems to be some serious lag none the less. A couple of times, nothing showed on the homescreen until I pressed the power button off and on. Also when I press my home button to get back to my main screen nothing happens. It use to work before. Now it doesn't
Does anyone have a clue? My Bionic seemed snappier when scrolling through pages and there was no noticable lag. Any advice or help would be appreciated. And by the way my phone is not rooted.

Reactions: gaajiwaaih
Need to bump this up as I am having the same problem. Anyone else seeing this issue? It takes my screen about 3-4s for everything to redraw when leaving some apps using either the Home button or the Back button. I have hardware acceleration turned on as well. Is this related to the LWP lag issue as well?

Which LWP do you have? I am using the phase beam and that seems to be the only LWP that does not cause lag. All the others cause it to lag like crazy.

Upvote 0
Need to bump this up as I am having the same problem. Anyone else seeing this issue? It takes my screen about 3-4s for everything to redraw when leaving some apps using either the Home button or the Back button. I have hardware acceleration turned on as well. Is this related to the LWP lag issue as well?

Why do you have "force gpu rendering enabled"? Turn it off, reboot, and see if things change for you.

The phone came with that unchecked from factory so I'd leave it that way. :)

Upvote 0
When I'm in an app or searching the web I have been noticing that when I go back to the homescreen it takes a few seconds for everything to show. I only have a couple of apps and a widget on my home screen but there seems to be some serious lag none the less. A couple of times, nothing showed on the homescreen until I pressed the power button off and on. Also when I press my home button to get back to my main screen nothing happens. It use to work before. Now it doesn't
Does anyone have a clue? My Bionic seemed snappier when scrolling through pages and there was no noticable lag. Any advice or help would be appreciated. And by the way my phone is not rooted.

Maybe a rogue app. Has it been this way since you got it? Have you changed any setting in "developer options" or are using a live wallpaper? Maybe it might be time to try a factory reset and start from scratch to see if you can't track down when this starts happening.

Upvote 0
Why do you have "force gpu rendering enabled"? Turn it off, reboot, and see if things change for you.

The phone came with that unchecked from factory so I'd leave it that way. :)

The hardware acceleration helps alot when scrolling through lists and the such, many on the forums have chosen to enable it. Either way, I get the same rendering problem when it's on or off.

Upvote 0
The hardware acceleration helps alot when scrolling through lists and the such, many on the forums have chosen to enable it. Either way, I get the same rendering problem when it's on or off.

Really that is so random:p? I've tried it and if anything it has caused some stuttering issues within some apps. Have you talked to VZ about this issue? Might be a funky acting app. Could be anything really. Has it done it from the day you got your phone?

Upvote 0
Really that is so random:p? I've tried it and if anything it has caused some stuttering issues within some apps. Have you talked to VZ about this issue? Might be a funky acting app. Could be anything really. Has it done it from the day you got your phone?

We'll find out if it was the phone or not, just got a new one from VZW. Mine had really noticeable screen banding and was the cool tint of death as opposed to the more common warm tint. I'll let you know if I see the same issues on this one.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, and i deleted some app that i had download, but it didnt help. I then tried restarting my phone (not factory reset) and it cleared the lag. I was wondering if i'm suppose to turn my phone on and off every month or so to prevent lag? Is this normal?
DOn't know if this is somehow connected, but i'm a new smartphone user. One day i saw a notification for battery upgrade and clicked it, it was a pop up it started to download something. I'm not sure if i stopped it in time. Perhaps this was the reason my phone started to lag?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones