lag.com/gunna_smash_my_phone_up

Last Updated:

1. PCLSM

PCLSM Member This Topic's Starter

Why does my HERO lag so much? Most of the time there is a massive lag whenever I touch the screen, so much so it force closes when I'm texing - a lot!

Any help?

Thanks,

P

Advertisement
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

Read the 'read first' sticky just above this post first and make sure your build number is up to date. It'll make a massive difference if you need to upgrade.

3. james

james Well-Known Member

Do you have a lot of text messages? Large threads can cause the messaging app to lag A LOT.

4. PCLSM

PCLSM Member This Topic's Starter

Yea forgot to say - Im all up to date with the standard stuff, and i dont have that many messages (ive had trouble with that before) it just seems proper laggy no matter what, ive got a task killer but that doesnt seem to solve it, it just comes and goes as the phone wants.

Im hoping that the update will solve this problem, but i find it odd that it should do it anyway i.e if wasnt on any forum and didnt know there was a potential update id be thinking this phone is too slow and essentially crap!

5. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

Has it always done it? Could be faulty memory or something.

6. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

use a taskliller, and after killing all the tasks that you dont need running all the time, how much 'free meme' do you have?
    i normaly have around 60m after killing all the uncessesary apps - browser, market, games etc...
    and it only gets laggy when i have less than 20m left

7. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

The simple answer to your original question is that it does not lag, or at least mine doesn't and nor do most other people's.

With regards to lots of apps open there is a large body of opinion that says that Android manages memory just fine by itself without any need of help from app killers. Others, as you have seen swear by them. I must say on the few occassions I have used one it appears to make no difference.

My own view is that you may have a fault with your phone (assuming that you have the latest ROM that is)

8. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Ive found that task killer slows down my phone.
    got rid of it and it was much faster.