• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lag Fix - Wow!

TechGrin

May 26, 2010
Just installed the one click lag fix and all I can say is Wow! What a difference!

Only trouble I had was getting the phone into recovery mode, but i used the adk tools and managed it.

Does anyone know will I have to un-root the phone to recieve the official Froyo update? I dont want to start flashing custom roms as I seem to have one of the phones that cant manually access recovery mode :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm still struggling with this...
After applying the root, I reboot into the recovery mode, and run:
apply sdcard:update.zip, and I get the following:
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Upvote 0
ditto on the caution. I can't say that the (2.x) lag fix caused mine to be sensitive to the scrambled internal SD problem but mine turned into a brick a week after doing lag fix. May not have anything to do with it but it is the best guess right now. and that might explain why Samsung didn't structure it that way. All I know is that if I get a replacement I'm not doing lag fix, if the official rom doesn't fix it then the phone goes back.

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried the lag fix on a Bell Samsung Galaxy S? I would like to try it but haven't seen any reference made to any carrier other than T-mobile so I'm a little worried I might screw something up.

I did. Works just fine. Hardest part was figuring out how to root the phone(more specifically getting into the diagnostic mode). The lag fix was super easy to apply once done.

Upvote 0
From where can I download this 'Lag Fix Solution' . I am on Android 2.1 version only.
Please help .
Is this solution a free/licensed version ?

Techgrin linked to the guide earlier

No, I'm in the UK so it was done on an unbranded I9000 model. I followed this guide Droid Den - Phone Guide: How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S And Fix Lag - Droid Den and it all worked perfectly, as I said the only issue I had was actually getting the phone into recovery mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones