lag in games.

Last Updated:

1. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok guys i have been thinkin alot about the fps issue and i think part of the problem with games like lets golf and the lot of games. they actually do an install to your sd card for the bulk of the software. so if your using the stock card that may be the issue because i dont get the studdering on my evo that most do but im using a class 6 card

Advertisement
  2. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

Games would probably do more reading than writing, so it's unlikely that an SD card's performance would come into play (outside of initial download-to-SD or whathaveyou).

Granted, I've always had a class 6 since that was my largest, but recently went with a Class 2 32GB. I know that before and after the FPS lock (toast kernel, ~52 FPS), Caligo Chaser had a noticable improvement in smoothness and responsiveness. This was still on the Class 6 card. I haven't tried any OpenGL games since the unlock.

I can give it a shot later on to see if it makes a difference. If class would make a difference it'd be very dependent on the game, and only if the game did a lot of writing *during* gameplay. At the moment, I don't really see a net impact from a lower class card for gaming.