Lag on Phone Pickup?

Last Updated:

1. charugan

charugan Member This Topic's Starter

Often, when my phone rings, it will take a long time for it to register either me picking up (by sliding right) or silencing it (by sliding left). I love my Droid, but this is getting really annoying. Does anyone have any idea what could be slowing this down?

It used to be a lot worse, but I checked my running services, saw that Mobile Defense was taking up a lot of memory, and uninstalled it. It's better now, but not completely. The only other major process I have running (besides update services like gtalk, gvoice, twitter & swype) is Lite Setting Profiles - has anyone had a problem with this slowing down call pickup?

And, yes, I know. Rooting my droid will probably get rid of this problem. But rooting isn't an option for me. Plus, I'm hoping the Froyo upgrade (rumored for July, so we'll get it by late September) will really speed things up.

Advertisement
  2. ren413

ren413 Member

It sounds like low memory. Check your free internal memory. Also, install a log viewer app from the market and review the output. This is the only way to really figure out what's going on with your phone. Since Mobile Defense doesn't constantly run in the background and is only a couple hundred KB it probably wasn't that app. If your phone seems sluggish when answering calls it might be an app listening for the incoming call intent (Google Voice)? I'd try uninstalling the Lite Settings Profiles app. From the description and permissions requested it appears to be a pretty intensive app. Setting Profiles Lite v1.0.16.3L Application for Android | Tools

3. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Dealing with this issue since day one. Really really annoying.