lag problem is insane

Last Updated:

1. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if this is just me or everyone's evo is like this. Im new to android so maybe im expecting too much but my evo is extremely laggy, Whenever I unlock the screen or switch windows it just laggs. Its only usable if I reboot it every few hours or so. Today I didnt reboot it for a while and I got a call and it lagged so bad it couldn't pick it up in time. What do you guys suggest I do to eliminate this lag? Im running fresh 5.3 and im overclocked at 1.15

Advertisement
  2. stevenw00

stevenw00 Well-Known Member

Once a day or so I will have a little lag w/ an app, but I never have lag picking up calls or changing screens. Maybe it is Fresh causing the problem? I'm unrooted, so I don't know.

3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

That's odd, I used 0.5.3 before I started using DC and never had that issue but I was also running stock kernal... Maybe the new Fresh 1.0.1 will solve your problem?

4. skittlesV1

Im not sure, I was using DC before fresh for a few days but I cant remember if I had any lag. Im hoping the new fresh or froyo will fix this or something before my 30 days is up

5. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I was using Fresh for a while but I felt that DC was snappier and have been using it for about a week and a half now... The new Fresh just came out today so you might want to try flashing it to see if it fixes the lag. On a side note, I am waiting for the release of DC 3.5 (hopefully today) which is supposed to have FroYo.

6. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I only get lag when downloading from market and try to do something else.

7. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Stock Evo (for now) and rarely lag.

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Well, my stock Evo works great. Maybe once or twice a day, it will lag for a second or two while loading an app, but thats it. I would have to say its your rooting that's causing the problem. I would do a hard reset and re-root.

9. vaccdroid

vaccdroid Well-Known Member

Had my EVO from day one and only time I had lag was in the market place otherwise as snappy as can be. Might be a defective unit ?

10. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Hard reset will not unroot your phone... the better idea would be to wipe and try flashing again...

11. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

What do you have installed? Most importantly, do you have a Task Killer installed?

What you describe sounds exactly like my Hero until I yanked ATK out. I was dumb and new to Android and didn't know no better. :->

sikclown likes this.
  12. skittlesV1

I dont have atk installed. I did install it last night to see if it would fix the lag and it did but messed with the screen and typing to I uninstalled and rebooted. So its either lag or a weird touchscreen.

13. skittlesV1

oops double post *edit*

14. skittlesV1

FxCamera

15. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Your phone is lagging because you rooted it. I have stock Evo and I dont experience to much lag to complain about. So far answering the phone is not a problem. I wish I had an answer for you. Thats why I don't hack my phone. It seems as tho people have more problems after they root.

16. sagedil

Then thank you for all of us LOL. Certainly looking through the list you posted, and not familiar with all but nothing that would likely cause this problem.

Did this issue get worse after root?? Possible a re-root could be in order??

What you describe just does not describe MY Evo at all. So definitely you have issue somewhere. Wish I could help better.

17. ewilliams2

ewilliams2 New Member

What kernel are you running?

18. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

You mean you didn't know how to manage ATK manually? Ok

19. skittlesV1

The one from fresh updater. The #26 overclock, fps fix, undervolt, BFS. I dont know if your familiar with that.

20. sagedil

LOL, give me a break. I was brand new to Android, knew no better. But did learn that just ripping ATK out made my Hero SO much better.

But yes, am much more learned now and know that ATK *can* be useful if just used the way you mention. I have other solutions that achieve same kind of thing, but have no issues at all with ATK if ONLY used manually.

But put on automatic, it will crate the exact same symptoms OP described, so just wanted to get that issue out of the way first

21. ewilliams2

ewilliams2 New Member

Believe the BFS kernel is the problem, same thing happened to me. I am using the non-BFS kernel now and no lag. Did a total wipe and installed the latest Fresh and said kernel. Should fix the lag!

22. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

I was running the BFS Kernel update #26, but was getting odd issues here and there. No lagging, but dramatically reduced battery life, force closes, apps suddenly being ended even though they were set to high priority, etc. I went back to the stock Fresh 0.5.3 kernel and everything seems happy again. Haven't tried the 1.x yet.

23. skittlesV1

thanks, ill try one that doesnt have BFS then

24. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

I get lag from time to time -- but I guess like iPhone 4 owners who don't mind dropped calls, it's something I can live with. It's a little frustrating with a phone that's as powerful as this one, but what can ya do?