Lag while typing in landscape on forumGeneral

Last Updated:

1. 88rich88

88rich88 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else experiencing this? I love the keyboard, but when I type a post here on the forum I have severe lag when pressing keys, sometimes 3 to 4 seconds. only in landscape.

Advertisement
  2. iandroidian

iandroidian Active Member

This is a test. So far I do not have any lag issues. I did just got an update last night.

3. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

I dont seem to have lag issues typing on any sites unless there's something else going on in the background like installing/downloading or if I receive a call/text and it pops up.

Otherwise, typing seems to be ok. Not sure if one particular site would cause the lag or if it's the phone itself.

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I had the problem once ... turned the phone off and then back on, hasnt happened since.

5. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I usually only get this if I switch switch to landscape from portrait and immediately start typing. Thenit will give me a little lag but catch up to itself, and I can just keep typing away even when it's lagging.

6. dwcasey

dwcasey Well-Known Member

I have seen some when there is already a lot of text in the little typing window above the keyboard. For instance, if you surf to this forum and find a post you want to reply to, and use the "quote" option in the forum to pull in other text, it seems to lag on me. That was when there were at least 4 paragraphs of text already loaded.

7. Doheny

Doheny Well-Known Member

Mine has a bit of a lag too; sometimes it doesn't switch at all.

When should the screen change; only when typing messages and in the browser?

8. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

Just checking it out here. Lags pretty bad, but not as bad as my BB storm did. Still pretty annoying though. I think it has to do with how much the old school processor it trying to do at once. Spell check, internet connection and virtual keyboard all running at once probably just bogs it down. Checking out the portrait mode, it is a little bit faster, but still quite laggy.

9. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

The screen orientation changes depending on which way you hold your phone.

10. onion

onion Banned

The entire phone lags due to the 2 year old out-dated CPU. There is nothing you can do about it. Sorry.

11. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

To be honest Onion, I really don't get much lag anywhere else and only like 25% of the time when I type messages, which goes away about 1 second after its switched over...if I choose to wait that one second I don't get any.

As for the outdated system, that may be, but it's perfectly cromulent.

12. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Ignore onion he posts that in pretty much every thread. If you are trying to post a message on a fairly complex forum pretty much any handhold device is doing to be a bit slow.

13. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

<<sigh>>

14. Doheny

Doheny Well-Known Member

Yeah, never mind him; he's been eating too many onions.

;)

15. onion

onion Banned

I notice this as well.

One thing to note is that its all relevant to how fast you type. I type at a just a novice level and sometimes I type about 3 words ahead of the Eris. Its actually kind of funny to watch. You finish your sentence and the Eris is still typing the last three words.

FORGET viewing the popup keys/letters, the Eris has so much lag that its useless to watch for which key you hit.

Every aspect of the Eris LAGS , 90% of menus and buttons lag, 75% of scrolling through menus is jumpy/laggy, dial pad laggys very much and sometimes its frustrating to even use the phone features because its so slow.

This is the reality of the Eris. Its not just my phone, I have to this day tested FOUR different Eris phones frshly rebooted and they are all the same.

16. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I'm posting this from my eris. Wow it is pretty slow. Thats the only lag I get from my phone however.

17. 88rich88

88rich88 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well I'm actually glad to hear it not just me. I can def put up with it for all of the positives with this phone. And turning off the vibrate really helped.

18. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I use the standard browser ... and have the lag as well (more since the update). Anyone using a different browser and see a difference?

19. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

I've noticed a lag with the vibration as well. No lag unless there are tons of apps running in the background.