• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lag while typing in landscape on forum

I have seen some when there is already a lot of text in the little typing window above the keyboard. For instance, if you surf to this forum and find a post you want to reply to, and use the "quote" option in the forum to pull in other text, it seems to lag on me. That was when there were at least 4 paragraphs of text already loaded.

Upvote 0
Just checking it out here. Lags pretty bad, but not as bad as my BB storm did. Still pretty annoying though. I think it has to do with how much the old school processor it trying to do at once. Spell check, internet connection and virtual keyboard all running at once probably just bogs it down. Checking out the portrait mode, it is a little bit faster, but still quite laggy.

Upvote 0
To be honest Onion, I really don't get much lag anywhere else and only like 25% of the time when I type messages, which goes away about 1 second after its switched over...if I choose to wait that one second I don't get any.

As for the outdated system, that may be, but it's perfectly cromulent.

Upvote 0
I notice this as well.

One thing to note is that its all relevant to how fast you type. I type at a just a novice level and sometimes I type about 3 words ahead of the Eris. Its actually kind of funny to watch. You finish your sentence and the Eris is still typing the last three words.

FORGET viewing the popup keys/letters, the Eris has so much lag that its useless to watch for which key you hit.

Every aspect of the Eris LAGS , 90% of menus and buttons lag, 75% of scrolling through menus is jumpy/laggy, dial pad laggys very much and sometimes its frustrating to even use the phone features because its so slow.

This is the reality of the Eris. Its not just my phone, I have to this day tested FOUR different Eris phones frshly rebooted and they are all the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones