Lag!!??Support

Last Updated:

1. polo1000rr

polo1000rr Member This Topic's Starter

Well Ive had my captivate for about 2 weeks now and I'm trying to learn it and like it. I was wondering if there is a way to fix the lag thing without rooting. I am really thinking about going back to blackberry mainly because it might suit my needs better. This one does everything i need but not as easy but it does do so much more. Anyways thanks

Advertisement
  2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

To my knowledge there isn't a way to fix the lag without rooting. However there is a quick root with a lag fix available. Search for "One Click Lag Fix" in the Market. The app roots the phone and then you can apply the lag fix through the app. It was a very simple process and I don't regret it one bit so far. And it really does solve the lag issue to a great extent.

polo1000rr likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Moved to the Captivate forums for you, polo. ;)

4. BumpySig

BumpySig Active Member

As marefin mentioned there is an app to root and it is very painless and simple. However if you do not want to root you can replace touchwiz as your launcher and you will notice the device will be a bit more snappy. To do this you need to download the home switcher app and your choice of launcher (the big three are Launcher Pro, ADW and Helix). Once you do this open up home switcher and select whichever launcher you chose to be your default. You have to re-organize your screens but it is worth it. I did this with Launcher Pro Plus before I rooted my Captivate and there was a noticeable difference. Launcher Pro has up to 7 home screens a scrollable dock with up to 15 buttons.

5. Loremonger

Loremonger Well-Known Member

You could just wait for the Froyo update, but who knows when that will be out? Still, I guarantee this phone will be smooth as butta with Froyo.

6. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I deleted a few posts here, guys please try to stay on topic in serious threads. We've got The Lounge for all your off-topic messing around needs. ;)

As for the lag, I've heard it's really worth it to use the application the other people mentioned, although I don't own a captivate. :D

7. polo1000rr

polo1000rr Member This Topic's Starter

Well i did it! i surprised my self i guess!! lol. I do see a big difference in lag while using the different processes but i was hoping the wake from sleep lag and to end phone call lag would disappear too. any ideas for this?