LagSupport

Last Updated:

1. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok....for about a week now my X has been getting LAGGY.

When I come out of Lock there is lag.
    When I rotate there is lag.
    Going into and out of the camera there is lag.

And so on...

Why is this lag happening? I don't have a lot of apps at all. Running 2.2 OTA and LP+.

Advertisement
  2. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Did you remove / delete everything from the stock screens before installing LPP?

If not, all that stuff on the stock screen is still running in the background (behind LPP)

3. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

how would i switch back to my stock launcher to see if i did delete trash it all or not...lol

4. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

You can get home switcher in the market and use that

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

use homeswitcher from the market.

6. lakai113

it is telling me home switcher wont work with 2.2

7. lakai113

well it does work... oh well

8. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I've followed all the advice I could find on this board in helping out my X (got very laggy after the 2.2 update) and it really helped out my DX. It's very peppy now, works virtually flawlessly and has impressed the pants off of me. And then.....

Was at a social event last night, talking with a few people one had a Windows mobile phone, two had iPhones and another had the EVO. So while everyone was comparing their device with everyone elses my phone suddenly decided it didn't want to work. WTF??? I was particularly embarrassed in front of the iPhone couple because they said they bought the iPhones because they operated so smoothly and glitch free. I retorted, "well I understand that when Android came out the OS was brand new and experienced a lot of growing pains. However they have made great leaps and strides and now I feel are on par with anything else on the market". I then showed them my different home screens... while scrolling through them they suddenly started acting atrociously choppy, absolutely refusing to do just about anything I instructed them to do... ARRRRRGGG!!!!!

The harder I tried the worse it got, I try to open an app, and when it wouldn't respond I would hit another one... a few seconds later it would launch the original app I tried to open, close it, then open the second app, freeze... screen went black... then the eye popped up, the damn thing had reset itself. OMG I felt like throwing the thing up against the wall!!!

Like I said, this never happens to it ever since formatting my SD card, clearing off the widgets and shortcuts from my original home screen along with a host of other things. I chalk it up to bad timing, but my God how could the timing have been THAT off??? I mean Christ right when I'm trying to impress some Apple fans that Android is a legit option on the phone market it wants to act like this??? Does Apple have some sort of app on the market that sends out a jamming signal to Android phones or something?

I haven't felt that foolish since the backside of my swimming trunks ripped out while I was at the public swimming pool when I was 15 years old and I was the very last person at the pool to become aware of the fact. I'm ok now, my cell phone isn't the center of my universe or anything like that. However I'm sure if those two frequent any iPhone forums they certainly must have posted up how much better their phones are in comparison to the Droid X.

Not happy to have given anyone else ammunition like that to fire away at Android. :(

9. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I had to get rid of Launcher Pro Plus, while it was nice, it was lagging horribly. Now back to stock and life is good.

10. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

I'm having the same issues- lots of lagging and slow to respond. Have had Froyo for two weeks. Not rooted and not alot of apps. Settings are changing on their own. Also, ever since the Froyo update this website is very slow.

11. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

The website is slow because of flash.

12. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

That sucks. I thought it was supposed get better, not worse.
    Thanks for the reply.

13. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Thats a common misconception. People, for some reason, thought flash=faster. Flash is good, but it can bog down the load speed of a flash heavy site. Its a good idea to make sure you set your plug-ins to "on demand"

Lavc26 likes this.
  14. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed the last 2 days...I disabled the WidgetLocker app and the phone is much snappier. Unlock lag is non-existent and swiping screens on LPP is smooth again. I don't know how WL would affect anything other than the lock screen, but it definitely made a difference. I dropped it because of other bugs it had, which I hope are resolved soon, but if it makes my X slow again...in the trash it goes.

15. jreed2560

I've noticed the same thing with Lock 2.0. I attribute it to the background service they run in the background to disable the system lock. With Lock 2.0 it was something like "sliderunlocksleepservice" or something to that effect.

16. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

I'm sure I have a ton of misconceptions. That's why I'm here - to get as much help as possible! I'll change my setting. Thanks!

17. jreed2560

getting to flash sites be sure to enter "about:debug" in your stock browser and set UAStrings to desktop

18. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

Changing the flash setting was easy enough, but I have no idea how to do that! Is is easy to explain??

19. jreed2560

Yeah just type that in in the address bar of the browser, hit enter, and go into settings. You should see a few more options. Scroll down to the very bottom and you should see the uastring option.

20. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

The screen is blank except for the address bar wben I type that in.

21. jreed2560

As it should be. Now just hit menu and go to settings.

22. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

The bottom of the Settings list shows Advanced Settings and under it is Website Settings (which is not enabled) and Reset to Default. What am I doing wrong?

23. jreed2560

Thtats the normal settings menu. Be sure to hit about:debug with no spaces and hit go. Nothing should happen. Next hit menu>more>settings and it should be there now.

24. Lavc26

Lavc26 Member

Got it. Had to close out of the browser and go back in to get the additional menu items. Then I tried to get back to this page - which I have as a shortcut - and the screen wouldn't move.

25. hommey13

hommey13 Member

excuse my idiocy...but what does the about:debug thing do exactly??