Lag...General

Last Updated:

1. pembroke2

pembroke2 Member This Topic's Starter

How bad is the lag on the Eris? I am looking into a new phone and the Motorola Droid is a little to big for me and i dont need a bunch of apps for my phone i just need the basics. Is the lag a lot and is it noticeable ?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I have no lag at all on my phone and I am a pretty heavy user. I have not installed a whole bunch of apps though. Others have reported moderate lag and a few have reported extreme lag. In many ways it depends on how you use it and what previous devices you have had. Trying it out at the store is the best way to know. I would restart it before you do any real testing though.

3. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

I have a good amount of apps. No lag here.

4. terryics

terryics New Member

No lag here.

5. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I have my phone loaded with apps and I get moderate lag when I've had the phone running for a while. To solve the issue I use Advanced Task Killer to kill unneeded tasks such as Visual Voice Mail (I use it) and Slacker player. My phone then goes back to its speedy self.

6. el viejo

el viejo Well-Known Member

I've had my eris since November and like it. Lag does not seem a problem...however, I turn 71 in a couple of weeks, so you might take my advice on lag with a grain of salt. I have very few apps installed. One, eReader (beta), is not from the market and works quite well once it gets going so that lag for starting could be a pain. As far as making a call, it's almost too fast for me to use the HTC people widget. With it's shortcomings and my shaky fingers, I can call someone before I realize it. The lag for starting to ring seems to be handled very nicely by changing the slot cycle index from 2 to 1. I, too, was going for the droid, but it was too bulky with the hardware keyboard for my intended moderate use. Still happy with the Eris.

7. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

I know I can't be alone in the fact that there is lag when typing semi fast, and sometimes trying to make a phone call.

Other than that not really lag, its just not as snappy as the droid.

8. smacky

smacky Banned

There's definitely a keyboard lag for fast typers. I am somewhat frustrated with my phone and I am not counting on an update to fix it.

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

"..for fast typers." No lag for me! :D :D

I'm an index finger poker.. seems fast to me, but not when I watch my kid with her thumbs on her Ace. :rolleyes:

10. smacky

smacky Banned

It always has a problem keeping up with me and because of the lag, it sometimes "forgets" to hit the letters when it finally catches up so words like "than" become "thn" or "han" and I get spelling suggestions for those accordingly. It really is frustrating.

And this new-found hatred for my phone has just come about the past week or so. That coupled with the fact I'm positive 2.1 will only make things worse with the addition of more crap, I don't see a fix in sight.

11. sc00bz

sc00bz Well-Known Member

No lag even when typing here. Of course I normally use the full qwerty in portrait orientation with one hand so I'm a thumb typist haha.

12. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

I have 20 or so apps installed. Minimal lag, hardly noticeable. I restart my Eris daily. Love this little guy.

13. cmonster

cmonster Well-Known Member

So restarting w/out a battery pull works to get rid of the lag then? I did a BP last night when mine froze on the lock screen, and the lag is much less now... Is just a restart enough then?

14. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Well i've reported my lags on my eris were outrageous(in my opinion)
    but the lag is subjective so me complaining about 3-5 seconds(which is kind of ridiculous with a 2009 phone) may be not a big deal to some ppl

so i go with the post from OTD and say go try it out in the store...i didn't try my eris out. it looked pretty so i got it and it lags a lot to me

and i have a droid that im using now and i agree is too big(and ugly)

wish you luck if you get the eris