1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Lagging Phone DialerSupport

Last Updated:

1. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

My dialer has become very laggy lately, sometimes taking 20 seconds to get my call choice window (Google Voice) and place a call after hitting a listing in my dialing history or contacts. If I direct dial it goes quicker.

Not sure if this is the phone or Google Voice but I am leaning towards phone because I am also having some other lag issues such as the notification pull down staying black and taking 5-10 seconds before anything shows up.

I would like to avoid a reset but if need be that would be a good time to root.:D

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

I'm sure if you uninstall all the applications you don't use on a regular, there's that chance of catching the "rogue" app causing this problem. Although, after awhile some applications seem to leave a trail of corrosion, thus making the device lack in performance.

P.s. Nice seeing you. <(&#65507;&#65078;&#65507;)> []~(&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;)~* (&#65507;&#65103;&#65507;) (&#65507;&#711;&#65507;)
    EarlyMon and SamuraiBigEd like this.
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Another thing you could try BigE, is to do a "battery pull". Hold the power button down until you see the menu to restart, keep holding it. Your phone will reboot. Sometimes this clears that up.

Also you could clear your cache from the stock recovery. Boot to hboot and select recovery. Wait until the evil red triangle and exclamation point appear. Hold both volume down and volume up then press and hold power. The stock recovery menu will appear. Clear your cache from there. ;)

PS: it is good to see you around my friend. :)
    SamuraiBigEd and EarlyMon like this.
  4. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

I'll give those a shot, but I am leaning towards a full reset which gives me reason to root!

Thanks guys, things are getting crazy around here. We hit 106 today and yesterday so our phones are ringing off the hook!
    Granite1 likes this.
  5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Stay frosty my friend. ;)

Also rooting this thing is really easy, there's a one click script that is easier than unrevoked!