• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lagging Phone Dialer

SamuraiBigEd

Under paid Sasquatch!
Nov 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
My dialer has become very laggy lately, sometimes taking 20 seconds to get my call choice window (Google Voice) and place a call after hitting a listing in my dialing history or contacts. If I direct dial it goes quicker.

Not sure if this is the phone or Google Voice but I am leaning towards phone because I am also having some other lag issues such as the notification pull down staying black and taking 5-10 seconds before anything shows up.

I would like to avoid a reset but if need be that would be a good time to root.:D

I'm sure if you uninstall all the applications you don't use on a regular, there's that chance of catching the "rogue" app causing this problem. Although, after awhile some applications seem to leave a trail of corrosion, thus making the device lack in performance.

P.s. Nice seeing you. <(&#65507;&#65078;&#65507;)> []~(&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;)~* (&#65507;&#65103;&#65507;) (&#65507;&#711;&#65507;)

Upvote 0
Another thing you could try BigE, is to do a "battery pull". Hold the power button down until you see the menu to restart, keep holding it. Your phone will reboot. Sometimes this clears that up.

Also you could clear your cache from the stock recovery. Boot to hboot and select recovery. Wait until the evil red triangle and exclamation point appear. Hold both volume down and volume up then press and hold power. The stock recovery menu will appear. Clear your cache from there. ;)

PS: it is good to see you around my friend. :)

Upvote 0
I'll give those a shot, but I am leaning towards a full reset which gives me reason to root!

Thanks guys, things are getting crazy around here. We hit 106 today and yesterday so our phones are ringing off the hook!

Stay frosty my friend. ;)

Also rooting this thing is really easy, there's a one click script that is easier than unrevoked!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones