• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help laggy response

That usually indicates something eating up CPU cycles and/or when installing programs from the market. Maybe you have something eating up processor time? You can use apps like SystemPanel or other CPU monitoring apps to check. Poor battery life could also indicate extra CPU use.

But, the phone normally shouldn't be like that. The FPS cap would make scrolling or moving items seem jerky, but wouldn't create latency like you're describing.

Oh, yea, do you have Barcode Scanner? On my Evo, I had a weird issue where it would keep the CPU at 100% until I force closed the app using a task killer, or backed out of it with the back button -- this often meant bringing the app back up and then backing out.

In any case, I usually stumble into weird issues (like my Last.FM battery killer), so take the Barcode Scanner bit with a grain of salt. But, aside from that, the market, and CPU use, that's all I can really think of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones