• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bryston

Dec 26, 2009
I've been experiencing laggy texts. What I mean by this is once I finish up a text and hit send it takes quite a while to eventually process through and send. It's always sitting in the, "please wait" screen taking forever to send.

Would yall recommend that I delete all my texts to resolve the problem?

Thanks.

there is an ap in the market that will delete those for you, I think it will take all night though, or several hours at least. Can't remember the name off hand, its here in the forums though. Try not to let it get so high, your text count I mean and much of your lag problem will get better. Trying to delete them yourself will mored than likely freeze your eris.

Upvote 0
I'd say around a total of 6,000 texts.

I don't know why people think it's prudent to keep thousands of texts.

Mods - Can we get a sticky about deleting texts? It seems like we go through this a couple times a week regarding issues related to poor performance/inability to delete texts due to way too many text messages being stored on the Eris.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones