Laggy web browsing on Dolphin HD after 2.2

Last Updated:

1. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What gives? This is terrible.

Advertisement
  2. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

There seems to be a problem with Dolphin's browser, use the stock one until it gets fixed?

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Well, I love eating my words, so here we go.

Today, I jumped to 2.2. As for the lag in the browser, I noticed it as well. I also downloaded the full flash thing for shits and grins (have no real use for it on my phone), and I noticed pages scrolling kinda chunky and whatnot, and it was because it was loading ALL the flash objects. Go into the stock browser and under thr settings, there should be something pertaining to that. Just check it to 'On Demand' so it doesn't load anything unless you tell it to otherwise.

manny84 likes this.
  4. scmobileman

scmobileman Well-Known Member

You may want to provide more details on what you're seeing. I'm using Dolphin HD and it's running better than ever so it could be a settings issue for you.

5. louisdamani

louisdamani Member

My Dolphin HD browser is running great. It's running faster after 2.2.

6. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I've noticed that occasionally, when I'm typing a forum response, the keyboard works, but what I'm typing updates really slowly -- like one character per second. It comes and goes, although it's usually fine.

I want to uninstall and reinstall Dolphin, but I'm afraid I'll lose bookmarks and gestures.

7. manny84

Oi, I'm experiencing that as well. I was typing a post on here and there was lag in the typing, as well as in the scrolling when on certain web pages (more specifically this webpage).

I checked the On Demand setting. Hopefully that helps.

8. manny84

The browser also ALWAYS asks for my location, inspite of the "remember preference" option always being checked... I'm hating this update so far.

9. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

i like how when you type in landscape, it shows you the page as you're entering text and not just a textbox. so it pretty much shows just like you're in portrait mode.

checking on demand just places ugly place holders that takes up quite a bit of screen space. i'm going ot try a hard reset tonight to see if things will speed up, but i doubt it :/

10. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing the problem that the Dolphin HD browser does not wrap text anymore when zooming.

11. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I resolved my Dolphin issue for now. After changing the zoom level to Far, the text boxes now fit within the width of the landscape screen, and if you activate the text box in portrait and rotate to landscape, it stays in input mode like it used to instead of forcing you to click back into the response box to start typing.

I also haven't encountered the slow typing update bug yet.