Laggy

Last Updated:

1. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I originatlly thought the phone was laggy because of launcher pro, but I have experienced the same issues with the samsung ui. It definitely can (not always) take a bit longer to launch an app than it did with my Aria. THe worst offender was Handcent, which often took three full seconds to open up. And no, I don't have a ton of apps running in the background...

Any ideas on setting changes that could speed this puppy up a bit?

Advertisement
  2. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

I'm finding the phone speeding up the more I use it. I did suffer from lagginess too...I am also using launcher pro.

3. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

Using launcher pro and setcpu which allows me to tell the processor to run at max all the time instead of throttling down. Not so battery efficient but much better than the first few days with TW. Like emuneee it does seem faster the more I use it.

4. YellowGT0

YellowGT0 Well-Known Member

I found a fix somewhere but its not that simple you need to recompile the kernal.

5. simulator

I'm experiencing this too. I wonder why?

6. YellowGT0

YellowGT0 Well-Known Member

It has something to do with where the phone allocates the space for the programs.

7. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

The fix YellwGTO is mentioning is at the MoDaCo site. You basically create 2 partitions on the external SD card and one of those is used for system processes.

8. simulator

From the description, it seems slightly easier than performing brain surgery on myself. Hopefully 2.2 takes care of it, although I must say it seems to be decreasing on my device (lag) the more I use it.

9. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

Nah. It's easy stuff. Step by step instructions. You can revert if you don't like it. You're limited to 130mb's worth of apps, but that should be enough to hold you off until an update.

10. Toddbee

Toddbee Member

my captivate has severe laggyness until i did a hard reset. it seems to be alot better now. not sure why it was so laggy though. my phone did not come with a SD card, will this speed things up?