LaggySupport

Last Updated:

1. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

I love the Prime and use it everyday - I pout ICS on as soon as I bought it but didn't do a factory reset. It is laggy and often offers me the choice of closing the browser or waiting. It occasionally freezes for a second or two. Also twice in the last week I have woken up to find the Prime switched off, It would only turn back on by holding the power button in for ten seconds.

I am thinking of doing a factory reset but am worried about what I will lose - files, pics, game saves settings etc - what do you reckon - will I gain much?

Advertisement
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Try doing a soft reset (which doesn't clear everything). There's a small hole on the side with the microSD slot. Sick a small wire (paperclip works well) in there until it clicks and the tablet reboots.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  3. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

That is ridiculous it has made an amazing difference - browsers open far quicker, games load like lightening - is that some kind of black magic there?

Needless to say thank you muchly
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Honestly, I have no idea what it does, but I saw people recommend doing that whenever you get a software update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    tecbarrera and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Tman5293

Tman5293 Well-Known Member

If I do this on my prime, will I lose anything data wise? Or will I lose software updates? Does it just reset the device?

EDIT: Never mind, I already did it.
  6. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

No whatever you don don't do it, it is the signal that will start the Martian invasion and the end of humanity...

On you did..

Oh noes!!!!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. VIC555

VIC555 Active Member

So did u lose any dat/files?
    whats the result? :eek:
  8. Tman5293

Tman5293 Well-Known Member

I didn't lose anything. It just forces the tablet to restart. I don't know if it helped me at all though. I did it because my Prime was also having problems with the browser freezing. Haven't had it ask me to force close the browser since.
  9. VIC555

VIC555 Active Member

Great I think im going to try it,bcus mine force/close too and it gets annoying and Ive tried different kinds of browsers too..thanks
  10. mrisoapy

mrisoapy New Member

I've been having the same issue!!! browser keeps freezing, lagging, crashing, waiting, etc. I just posted a thread about it before seeing this. I will try the soft update, as my tablet is new and I don't have any important data on it yet.
  11. bowser23

bowser23 New Member

hi i have a transformer prime tf201 and for some reason its lagging so much
  12. bowser23

bowser23 New Member

how do u do a soft update cause my tablet is doing that
  13. bowser23

bowser23 New Member

how do u do that
  14. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

;)
  15. dierna

dierna Well-Known Member

Didn't work for me :-( I am going to do a factory reset, but will wait a while before I do it.
  16. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I took out my microSD card and it made a world of difference. The Transformer is still laggy at times, but not nearly as much and doesn't totally lock up like it used to.

I don't know if it's specifically a problem with microSD or if I need to reformat it. I plug the microSD card back in to watch the videos stored on it.
  17. Wizkidfloating

Wizkidfloating Active Member

Just factory reset it