lame txt messaging question about lengthSupport

Last Updated:

1. ThisIsMyAlias

ThisIsMyAlias Member This Topic's Starter

The Droid is my first smartphone. Before it I was txting with the dialpad, and the phone would count down how many letters I have left (out of 160, the txt msg length). Using the "messaging" icon on the Droid it never says when I'm approaching the txt message limit.

So is this "messaging" icon really like an instant messenger? It's not GTalk, that's another icon. If I send a 250 character txt message through the "messaging" app, does it get broken into 2 messages for the receiver?

Advertisement
  2. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

If you use the physical keyboard, when you approach the message limit size it starts to count down. Doesn't seem to do that with the onscreen keyboard and yes "Messaging" is just the default SMS app.

3. ThisIsMyAlias

ThisIsMyAlias Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. raphytaffy

raphytaffy Well-Known Member

Just a little sidenote in case you haven't figured it out already, text messages with 160+ characters will automatically be split into two or more when sending to Verizon mobiles but not for any other carrier. I found this kind of annoying since I'd have to watch how much I type and remember which friend has which carrier. Not a big issue, but it just makes the Messaging thread a little whack since I would have two Me: replies.