Landscape KeyboardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. WildCard

WildCard Active Member This Topic's Starter

This thing doesnt seem as if though it was designed to be used in landscape at all. The desktop can not go landscape along with many other programs.

But the biggest issue I am seeing is that the landscape keyboard doesnot seem to assume the same rules as the qwerty portrait. When you are in landscape and make a typing mistake it will not auto correct. No matter what the settings. If you searching something in google or typing in chat program it will not stop suggesting words to you. No matter the settings. But the worst offending issue is that in a chat program like meboo you can not see your conversation while typing. WHY!!!

Advertisement
  2. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

I agree ... I am also kind of disappointed with the landscape view of the keyboard. When using Handcent, if I switch to landscape to type I have to switch back to portrait to send as the send button is hidden in landscape view.

WildCard likes this.
  3. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

When I'm using handcent and typing in Landscape, I press the keyboard button bottom left then press the send button. Not much different than turning the phone though.

jprow507 likes this.
  4. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned

Thank you. I find it so stupid there is no send button in landscape. The more I use the phone the more bugs I find. Why no auto space after completed words? Why does the brightness not adjust in sunlight. Why cant you turn the homescreen to landscape. Why do you continue to get unread messages when theyve been read.

5. ice9mike

ice9mike Member

This is not a bug. The keyboard works just fine, you have a way to hide it, and then the send button is easily pushed. Perhaps adding a send button somewhere in the landscape view with the keyboard is a feature you would like. This could have a negative affect of creating the possibility to send accidentally while typing. I prefer to leave as much keyboard for typing as I type very quickly and need the extra space. It's all about tradeoffs, not bugs.

6. WildCard

WildCard Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is for example what I am talking about. With a BlackBerry Storm you have a text input field, the keyboard, but you do not lose you sight of the conversation.
    [​IMG]

Yaksha likes this.
  7. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Seriously guys, keep this thread on topic or it will be closed and infractions will issued accordingly. Some posts were deleted/ edited.

8. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned

ahh how is this thread off topic at all?

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Its called you can hit the space button after a word and i dont have the problem about the unread messages. So i mean you say there is all these bugs when really there isnt. There isnt auto space on any of the previous htc phones ive had. To me it sounds like laziness that you cant hit the space button. And about the send button all you have to do is click in the bottom left corner to get rid of the keyboard and there is a send button right there.

10. Trident

I edited/ deleted some posts so it isn't any more.

11. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned

Yeah well why wouldnt there be one on the screen. It just doesnt make sense that you have to hit a back button just to send the text. Every phone i've had has had the send on the same screen. Its for ease of use. You say its not a big deal, I say its not a big deal to add the send button to the screen. Its just annoying

12. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I use swype and handcent keyboard and in landscape I have a send button to the right of the text screen. I didn't before and had to hit menu then send, but now that I checked to confirm those steps, whalla, there is a send key next to the text screen.

Don't ask me how I got it there lol.

Attached Files:

13. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

not sure what you're talking about, mine does auto-correct in landscape.

since then i've switched to swype anyway so it doesn't really matter, but the default keyboard does do auto-correct.

14. cmram12

cmram12 Active Member

There's a setting in Handcent that lets you send the message by pressing Enter. Open Handcent and go to the settings. About half way down is an option for "Shortcut key to send"

15. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Your keyboard settings control whether or not there's auto correct in landscape I believe. I have mine turned off because it rarely helps me, and only slows me down.

A lot of messengers work where if you hit enter it will send, like ebuddy for example.

It's unfortunate it doesn't give you the option to still view your conversation when in landscape, I'll grant that.

16. daddycracker

daddycracker Member

is there any other way to get swype than through the company website? the beta has been closed on the website and not sure if there is any other way to get swype or anyone else that would be willing to pass a copy of their beta to me. :)

17. Zomb!e

Zomb!e Well-Known Member

18. azak

azak Well-Known Member

Relax. It's just an internet forum, for crying out loud. I don't see why such strict moderation is even necessary for such a medium, as some people come on here to talk about non-directly-phone-related issues anyway. I suppose it always feels good to assert some power now and then.

19. Trident

Disrespecting a Moderator will earn you an infraction. Consider this a warning.

20. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is what I like. I hate when I lose my entire screen when I go landscape with a keyboard. I should be able to scroll through a conversation or the web when I go landscape.