Landscape lock - all the time?Support

Last Updated:

1. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I would love to use my D2 in landscape mode all the time. I use dxTop for my launcher so I can force that to landscape easily. Many of the apps and games I use are landscape anyway. My question is about the lock screen. I know the lock screen does operate in landscape mode (with the keyboard open), but when I close the keyboard it goes back to portrait. Is there any way for me to keep things landscape as the default?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Download ADW Launcher
    ADW Settings -> System Preferences -> Home Orientation -> Landscape, Portrait, or Auto

3. dewalist

Thanks inssane but that's not really what I am looking for. I use dxTop for my home screens, and it can do landscape just fine. I am looking for something that can lock the device in landscape mode - like it does now if the physical keyboard is open. I almost wish I could find something that could trick the OS into thinking the physical keyboard is open all the time...

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Doing what I said will lock it to landscape mode.
    Without a home replacement that supports this, you are SOL.

5. dewalist

ADW does the same thing that dxTop does - it keeps the home screen in landscape mode. However, when I turn the phone off and turn it back on, the lock screen is always in portrait - except when the physical keyboard is open. I'm looking for something that will force the lock screen to always be in landscape mode...

6. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I am looking for something that will just allow the home screen to go into landscape when tilted w/o having to load a completely new launcher/home screen app. Is there any stand alone app that will do this?