• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Landscape mode broken (?)

luuuk11

Lurker
May 27, 2011
So today I bought the Samsung Galaxy Gio, great phone, sure. The landscaping worked too, but ofcourse I was looking through the settings, So I found landscaping not working after looking through the settings. Must've turned it off I thought, I looked then I found "Automaticly turn screen" or something similar atleast (I translated it from Dutch). So I activated it. When I turned my phone it worked and I was happy. then I put it back up vertical, but it wouldn't go back. it was permanent. when I turn it off it'll go back up, but won't turn to landscaping mode when I turn it 90 degrees.. So now I ask you, what may be the problem?

Thanks alot, Luuk

If you mean to say that the Gio cannot view landscape on the home screen you are right. Of course i do not know of any phone with a stock ROM has that ability.
If you install a third party launcher like Launcher Pro or Go Launcher EX, then you can set (in preferences of the launcher) to rotate the home screen.

Otherwise stock TW launcher does not rotate the home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones