landscape sensitivitySupport

Last Updated:

1. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did anyone else notice after the froyo update that the phone's sensitivity to going into landscape is more sensitive now. I find my phone going from portrait mode to landscape mode a lot more unintentionally. Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

It's actually the exact opposite for me. For me it takes longer for it to go from portrait to landscape, and back to portrait.

3. ekang

Oh I'm not talking about the time it takes to go from portrait to landscape, but a slight tilt will throw my phone into landscape from portrait.

4. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Ahh, I don't have that problem then, I have to turn it more than 45

5. gww528

gww528 Active Member

recalibrate your phone... it fixed mine

6. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

spoke to my sprint guy today and he said this is a known bug with froyo, he was having the same problem with his phone. i'm having it with mine. add it to the list. somehow froyo has a bigger list of problems than improvements. soooooo disappointing!

he suggested the fix is a hard reset at a service center and install the update from a p.c. what hassle.

7. ekang

Gww528 how do you recalibrate? Sorry for the noobyness.

8. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

settings - display - g sensor calibration (at bottom of list)

rebel_zn likes this.
  9. ultraspank

ultraspank Member

Same issue with mine. I find myself saying "dammit" out loud several times a day now because of how I'll be holding my phone reading something or typing with one hand and it'll switch over to landscape due too its now seemingly extreme sensitivity. I actually had to seek out this thread remembering a saw it after froyo came out and after having this pain in the ass issue become more common. Sigh.

10. tflb

tflb Well-Known Member

It took me a while to figure out when you recalabrate it needs to lay flat on it's back, not on it's side like using a level. Since I did that my rotation works great.

rebel_zn likes this.
  11. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Yep...I have been meaning to post a thread on this. It is almost a default to landscape. As soon as you bring up any screen it seems to default to landscape regardless of the orientation of the phone. And then you have to beat it against the wall to get it to change to portrait(okay, I am being a little melodramatic). But it is maddening. I tried the "Earlymon" fix...no help. I tried re-calibrating...no help.

And the typing still lags!!!!! This is like Samsung Moment all over again. I was so infatuated with this phone until Froyo. Now I am irritated. These two "little" things are little...but typing and going back and forth from landscape to portrait are things you do everyday and all day.

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have been having to reset the g sensor calibration about twice a week