Language and Kies on Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated:

1. Versky

Versky New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello~~

I have just bought a Galaxy S on Ebay, and I was expecting to have the traditional chinese installed instead of the simplified... I am wondering if it's possible to install an additional language onto the current os? or if there's a way to do this?

and as well, I am having problem syncing KIES with the phone... W7 64 Bit Ultimate always tells me that it fails to install the drivers.. and nothing happns afterward.. I have read the previous emails that Samsung is currently having issues with KIES with Galaxy S.. is it true? I guess we will have to wait for samsung to come out with a new version of it? I want to upgarde the firmware but now the KIES is not working, I guess the only way is to wait...

Thank you all for all your help in advance!!

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I don't think you can install an additional langauge. Is TCH not available in the language settings?

For KIES, you need to install Windows Mobile Device Centre. You can download it for free. KIES uses a driver from that software.

3. Versky

Versky New Member This Topic's Starter

No.. only Simplified chinese is installed... :(

I am trying to get that windows mobile device center installed.. and hopefully KIES will be able to find and sync with the phone... thanks a lot for your input!! :)

4. josephx

josephx New Member

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 in the UK and it doesn't have simplified chinese + thai language in it. Aside from that, I was wondering if there's a safer way to install extra font support other than the instructions specified this site below:
    How to Install and Add Hebrew, Arabic and Unsupported Language Fonts to Android Phone My Digital Life
    Since I think it requires flashing the ROM so I can be a root/super user to be able to have access/make changes to the root files. I don't wanna take this risk for now..

Another thing, will Android 2.2 have options to install these extra languages such as Thai, Japanese, Chinese?

Sony Ericcson x10 got loads of language options, I don't understand why Samsung Galaxy S doesn't.

Samsung Galaxy S only have Bulgarian, cestina, Dansk, Deutsch x3, English (Aust), English (Ireland), English (Schweiz) (new zealand, south africa, uk, us), Spanish, Estonian, France, Hrvatski, Icelandic, Irish, Italiano, Kazakh, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Magyar, Nederlands, Norwegian, Polski, Portugues, Romania, Slovenian, slovensky, Suomi, Svenska, Turkey, and Korean. But no chinese, japanese, thai, vitenamese.

5. stylelite

stylelite Well-Known Member

Hi,
    windows mobile device centre is only for phones using the windows OS, so wont work for android/Galaxy S
    See link below

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 | Windows Vista Support

6. josephx

josephx New Member

You need to Download and install the latest version of Keis. Backup any important data in your Samsung Galaxy S. Restore SGS to factory settings. You might need to reformat your internal SD card as well. Remove external micro SD. Then after that, open KIES, connect SGS, and it will work.

Usually, Kies won't sync with your Samsung Galaxy S if it has some applications installed already or microSD card on it. - My experience

7. NYPD5001

NYPD5001 New Member

All I ask in return for me solving your problem just thank me in an email send me em ai l saying that ive helped my email is NYPD5001@gmail.com do not listen to anyone if the kies mini doesnt detect your phone go to settings, applications, development and put a check mark there thats it whoolla! It will detect ur phone, but first open up ur kies then connect the usb and if fot some reaso. U are still having problems email me ill help you

So PLEASE JUST RATE MY ME GOOD AS A RETURN FOR HELPING YOU!

FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT NYPD5001@gmail.com THANK YOU AND ENJOY FROYO 2.2!

8. NYPD5001

NYPD5001 New Member

Quote me if this helped thanxs!

9. NYPD5001

NYPD5001 New Member

Sorry guys put a check mark in development under debugging (DEBUGGING)