Lapdock for $50Tips

1. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I have the Bionic Lapdock and the Lapdock 100 ($100 on eBay). The Bionic Lapdock has a clunky mouse pad and control of simple things like scrolling down on a webpage is not supported using it.

The Bionic Lapdock only works with the Bionic. The Lapdock 100 works with Bionic and many others (Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid 4).

My recommendation ... if someone gives you a Bionic Lapdock take it. If you are going to spend money ... get a Lapdock 100.

... Thom
  3. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

I bought a Lapdock 100 not long after they came out last year. I used it some but found it less than ideal in terms of operation. It worked better after the Bionic ICS update, but was still no substitute for a laptop. I really wanted something that I could download photos to from a digital camera so that I didn't have to lug a 17" laptop along when traveling. My wife got me an Asus 700 tablet for my birthday. I've since added a keyboard dock and a 32 GB micro SD card. The dock also has a USB port and space for an SD card and easily allows me to save photos from either of my 2 digital cameras. Even after the ICS update the Laptop 100 simply doesn't compare with an Android tablet running JB.
    If anybody wants the Lapdock 100 (includes everything it came with from the Verizon store), make me a fair offer and it's yours.
  4. Thom

Lapdock 100 is marginal as a tool. Bionic Lapdock is not that good. I was looking for a simple device I could take to a location and run an Internet-based slideshow.

... Thom
  5. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

Side note and slightly off topic, but you can buy a set of short extension cables that will allow any of the lap docks to work with the other Webtop enabled phones.
    These also work very well if your phone is in a case and won't fit on the dock.

Also, the lapdock models are now being snatched up by enthusiasts running the small Android and Linux computers.

Personally I've been using mine with an MK802+ and it is really quite remarkable how well the lapdocks integrate with these tiny computers with the use of only a couple of adapters.
    I would almost swear that my bionic lapdock works BETTER when utilized in this manner, but I digress...
  6. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

The main use I get out of mine is for keeping kids occupied with Netflix or reading Kindle books. There was a time when I used it for creating and editing OfficeSuite docs. For all if these it works better than my Nexus 7.
  7. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

johnlgalt likes this.
  8. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

9. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

10. Thom

I had the Bionic Lapdock and replaced it with the Lapdock 100.

The mousing pad on the Bionic Lapdock is marginal. The Lapdock 100 allows you to connect other model phones (like the Razrs).

... Thom