• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lapdock for triumph

I'd say besides what the person above said about not having the software id throw something else in there

speaking in just the terms of one that would Fit the triumph i'd say you have a 50/50 shot, ive seen probly 2-3 other motorola phones that are identical to the triumph in Every Single way except 1

the charge and hdmi ports are in different locations on all the other phones ive seen, and im guessing those are where it would connect

since i havent really seen to many triumph only accessories, id say,

If you could find another motorola phone that shares look and location of ports you may be able to find a dock for that model that would actually hook up to the triumph

but then if it does need software youd run into the issue mentions in the above post

if it didnt need software youd be good to go

Upvote 0
well this all stinks...i'm seriously considering going back to a major provider. Kind of tired of dealing with all the generic crap on this phone Dammit

There was some guy on XDA that was working on making a stand for the device with the HDMI and Power connector. Last I saw he stopped as he moved on to another phone. However wouldn't hurt to try and make your own. You have a large community that maybe interested in purchasing such a device.

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm interested in attempting to get the lapdock working with the Motorola Triumph.

I have a rooted Motorola Triumph, webtop.img, and a lapdock.

With a stock rom I'm able to get HDMI out with no keyboard, and no weptop app. I've attempted to install unverisal webtop app with no luck.

I'm new to Android and smart phones. I have experience with GNU/Linux and although I wouldn't consider myself a programmer I feel comfortable taking on the task.

Can anyone recommend some Android development articles?

Thanks.

hex3n

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm interested in attempting to get the lapdock working with the Motorola Triumph.

I have a rooted Motorola Triumph, webtop.img, and a lapdock.

With a stock rom I'm able to get HDMI out with no keyboard, and no weptop app. I've attempted to install unverisal webtop app with no luck.

I'm new to Android and smart phones. I have experience with GNU/Linux and although I wouldn't consider myself a programmer I feel comfortable taking on the task.

Can anyone recommend some Android development articles?

Thanks.

hex3n

well looks like you got all the hardware ready now just a matter of the software lets see maybe working it out one phase at a time will help far as the phone goes i think everything should be compatible with it i would suggest to maybe flash to a custom ROM a froyo ROM will be best since it will have HDMI working and evrything like stock and will give you more option to tweak stuff around idk if tweaking can be done on stock ROM since it will have limitations . what type of keyboard is it ? if is a bluetooth keyboard is a bit of a mess to get it working but is possible ..Not familiar with weptop can you install and boot ? maybe there is comp ability issues i will look into it what version you have ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones