Lapdock w/ ICS LeaksTips

1. Paraflier

Paraflier Well-Known Member

Anyone play around with this? Or is it even possible with the lock of firefox (I've heard?)

Am rooted stock .905 now and love the lapdock except for the CONSTANT "low memory" warnings. (Only 1 window open, just simple browsing, nothing spectacular)

Maybe the ICS will address that issue as well as the data drops from 4G?

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Lapdock is much simpler in ICS (and also, as a result, seemingly less polished looking), from what I understand. If I could get a hold fo a lapdock I'd take side by side screen caps - I have access to a BIONIC running GB and mine is on the latest ICS leak, so that would be easy enough.

Now, getting said lapdock is an entirely different matter....
  3. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

I'm on the .232 ics leak and the lapdock works much better than on gingerbread. I haven't seen a low memory warning on it and both the chrome and stock browser are much quicker than firefox on the lapdock w/gb.
  4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Webtop 3.0, the new version of the lapdock interface, is included in the ICS leaks and it works great. The lapdock was soooo slow on gingerbread, the firefox browser lagged so much even just typing. I'd fill out a post like I'm doing now and then stop and wait 30 seconds for the text to finish appearing on the screen.

I don't think I ever ran into the low memory warning so I'm not sure if ICS will help with that specific issue on the lapdock or not. Wouldn't hurt to try.
  5. rogueally

rogueally Well-Known Member

Agreed! Lapdock was collecting dust before the ICS leaks...now its pretty nice being able to do things on it.....I have teh lapdock made for the bionic...got it for 40 bux......its nice to be able to get on the web with a larger screen and keyboard.......I use the Dolphin HD browser if I need to watch anything with flash but regularly use chrome....very nice!
    jerry42570 likes this.
  6. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

Whoa! You can get Adobe Flash to work by using Dolphin Browser! Definitely good to know.