Laptop and Droid don't connect

Last Updated:

1. twalber

twalber New Member

I have the Motorola droid (rooted) and recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 7. I've mounted my droid to my laptop in the past - I always had to search and find out how to mount it. Anyways yesterday I wanted to mount it to pull some files off my laptop and transfer to a friends laptop - using my Droid like a USB drive. When I plugged my Droid into my laptop with the USB cable, my laptop dinged but nothing else. The little light on the side of the Droid telling you it's at least charging didn't light up, the USB options didn't come up in the pull down screen on my phone... It hasn't done anything. I've tried all three USB ports on my laptop, the same USB cable works in the AC charger, I've re-started my phone and laptop many times with no changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you have the Android SDK. With it you could check if the Droid is connecting at all. You could also move files back and forth but that wouldn't be useful for your purposes because your friend would have to have it also.

Will it connect to his laptop? Is the SD card showing up in your phone?