Laptop Crashes with HTC Sync

Last Updated:

1. heliaviator

heliaviator New Member This Topic's Starter

If I leave my Desire connected to my laptop (supplied cable, HTC Sync installed and working) with 'sync' enabled all works well for some time, but then after a while my laptop (Sony Vaio Z with Win7) freezes. Unplugging the cable does not help, all I can do is force close the computer with the power switch. Anyone having similar issues?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

No, I've never had that. What do the windows event logs say?

3. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

I have had numerous problems on XPpro with the original and updated HTC Sync... same issue of lockdowns, affecting wireless networks... I uninstalled twice, and now dont use at all (I have no need of the sync programme). The best thing is everything else works as normal without it installed (mount drive and usb tethering); and, it's pretty much feckin' useless, lacking almost all the functionality Nokia/SE and even LG(!) suites, as many others have complained.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Completely agree. Pointless, useless and doesn't work most of the time.

5. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

red salute!:D

6. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

I installed it as soon as i decided to get the desire and it buggered up my wireless connection,i couldnt even load up websites let alone download anything!

So i uninstalled it and then everything went back to normal,funny thing is,as other people have already stated,you dont even need it.

I can connect my desire up to my laptop just using the supplied usb cable and i can transfer files and charge my phone etc no problem.

Pointless program IMO.