Laptop Keyboard for HTC Phone

1. RosettaStone

RosettaStone Member

Do you know of a proven, well functioning, simple app that will allow use of my laptop's keyboard for entering data into my phone?

The link could be cable or bluetooth. I think cable would be simplest in my situation. So if I had a preference it would be cable linkage. But anything better than nothing.

-Notebook is Samsung N150P
    -Phone is HTC One XL

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

You could try the steps outlined in this video
    RosettaStone likes this.
  3. RosettaStone

RosettaStone Member

Hi RyanB,
    did you include a link. it didnt show on the reply?
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Click the word "video".
    RosettaStone likes this.
  5. RyanB

6. RosettaStone

RosettaStone Member

many thanks for the link, ryanb.
    i will it out and let you know how i get on.
  7. RosettaStone

RosettaStone Member

thanks chanchan05! i have a lot to learn.
  8. RyanB

OP, we all start somewhere. If it helps to know this for the future, any time you see a word that is colored and underlined like that, it's a hyperlink (think, web address) to a website. To take this a step further, notice how its the same appearance as the full link that I posted later. They're both the same, with the only difference being that the first one looks nicer and cleaner than the second one.
    RosettaStone likes this.
  9. RosettaStone

RosettaStone Member

hi ryanb,
    well i went to the youtube video you suggested and downloaded the app called bluekeyboard jp. i had no luck at all. i couldnt get the phone to pair with the notebook. tried for ages. very frustrating. the video is ambiguous but i suspect this app is designed for a stand alone keyboard and or an apple keyboard. mine is windows.
    any ideas?
  10. RyanB

Sorry, that was my best shot. What I use (Freedom Pro) has drivers specifically designed for Android and other platforms. A few years back I tried going your route with a windows keyboard, but eventually got too frustrated at the lack of ways to make it work so I broke down and bought something mobile-specific. There are cheaper options out there now than what Freedom still charges, FWIW.
  11. RosettaStone

RosettaStone Member

ok well i can go down that path. i just wanted to exhaust possibilities to employ my notebook. i did pay for it and another keyboard is more to carry around and it makes sense to use the one i have already got and already carry around.
    i noticed there is a htc one interest group on this forum so i might go fishing there. i should close off this thread, yes?
  12. RyanB

Or just ignore it from here, and this thread will gradually settle to the bottom