Laputa update wont read older books

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by heffa, Jun 12, 2010.

1. heffa

heffa Active Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Pinata
    Melbourne, Australia
    I downloaded Laputa eBook reader a while back, and have already downloaded about a dozen books through it. Now the update for Laputa has come through I reads my library as empty, and there is no way to manually add the books already on my SD card.
    Anyone know of a fix?
    And failing that, anyone know of a good reader that actually works?

Advertisement

2. heffa

heffa Active Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Pinata
    Melbourne, Australia
    Suspect that the problems may be in a format change. All the old ebooks they used to download are .txt, while the new ones seem to be epub's

3. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    I use Aldiko for my ebooks.

heffa likes this.
  4. heffa

heffa Active Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Pinata
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, after a bit of deliberation, I decided to go with Aldiko instead, and Calibre to convert the old books. After fiddling with Aldiko I gotta say its a much nicer app

5. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Hi:

The new version doesn't work for me at all. I uninstalled. Does anyone have the old version to pass on?

Thanks,

Tom

6. afraley82

afraley82 New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I have had the Laputa app for about a month now and was really loving it, but today after I did the update it is completely gone! I can't even find it in the android marketplace.....does anyone have any suggestions? I was right in the middle of a book series and now it's completely useless without the Laputa app.

Thanks

7. CBRRider

CBRRider Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Electrical and Computer Engineer
    Canton, MI
    The wife is freaking out now because she can't finish reading her book. Anyone have the old version i can load onto her SD card?

8. raburton

raburton New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    This is the version I downloaded yesterday, about half an hour before the 2.2.0 update, so it's probably the one you want.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5500141/laputa.rar

Could someone share the 2.2.0 version before they delete it? I had it working fine (needed to re-download all my books, and had to do it over wireless - didn't work over 3g), but I updated to 2.2.1 this morning and it won't even start anymore. I tried to do a clean reinstall but in the 5 minutes between my downloading it the first time and trying the clean install it has been removed from the market (or the market is a bit broken, one or the other).

Richard.

thenrik likes this.
  9. spinns114

spinns114 Member

May 24, 2010
    Mine wouldn't even load up until I turned m phone off then back on again. I felt like I was using a windows based machine.

10. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    When eBooks are .txt then I use 'iReader'. It's a nice (Android!) eBook Reader, too.

http://ireader.over-blog.com/pages/Featutes_list-2270230.html

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

11. trista13

trista13 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    the new one doesn't work for me either! i uninstalled hoping to reinstall, and it is gone. not in the market.