Large libraries

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by aleph, Apr 4, 2010.

1. aleph

aleph New Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy I7500 using android 1.5. I extended my phone with a 16GB microSD. I copied a big music collection (around 800 files) into a folder on this SD. Now the problem is that the music player can't find all the files.

I know that there are several threads about android not finding music. The answers are usually that the library hasn't yet been updated or that the ID3 tags are not correct.
    I have checked both.

Btw. I can play the files using ASTRO.

In my oppinion it seems as if android can't build up a library with too many entries. If I rename the files or put them into different folders, songs disappear and reappear quite randomly.

Do you have any solutions? Is there a music player which doesn't use the native music players index of files?

Thanks and greetings

Aleph

Advertisement

2. lekky

lekky Lover
    VIP Member

Try 3rd party app like mixzing

3. laflumboise

laflumboise Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Over 2000 songs here, I think it has them all listed...at least the ones that I listen to the most.

Awesome app, even thinking about getting the premium version.

Thanks.

4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Heh, ~4000 on my 32GB cards here :) Standard music player copes just fine, except for having problems with Genre tags for some songs with non-unicode tagging (bug bear for me, still not got round to fixing most of them).