• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Larger capacity battery?

I agree,

i bought a spare genuine battery for when im out on the road as a spare, i found now that i dont really need/use it as i get a easy 24hrs out off my stock battery now, i make a quite a few calls in one day with a good a 20/30 tx and a small amount of sufing the net,

i think a lot of it has come down to having a good play round with the settings to get good times,

(though to be fair i think being rooted helps that too)

Reactions: Xyro
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sorry... can't help with your other questions, as I don't use any other external battery/charger, but I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Whats rooted?

This is having super user access on your phone... it lets you install custom roms on your phone, which can give better battery performance... here is a better explination of what it means to be rooted.

If you want more info on rooting the DHD, then head to http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/489044-desire-hd-all-things-root-guide.html

If you decide you want to root, then we would all be here to help you out!! :)

EDIT - GRRR... Looks like El Presidente didn't just ninja me on this one, but has outposted me by a good couple of mins!!!

Upvote 0
Cheers guys, will go shopping tonight.

No worries - glad that you got the answers you needed! :)

Think Ill leave the rooted thing, I only use it for calls, texts, camera and GPS :D

Yeah - rooting isn't for everyone (if it's not broken, don't fix it), but some people like to be able to try some other stuff (like custom ROM's) out. If you do decide to go for it, then we are always here to help!! :D

Reactions: fluffsri
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones