Larger contact photos during phone calls?

Last Updated:

1. Wildewinds

Wildewinds Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if this is a droid thing or a software thing, so I'll post here first.

Does anyone know of a way to get a larger contact photo to show up when they call you (or you call them)? That tiny little icon image is just annoying to me. I want it to fill up more of the screen.

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

3. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member

4. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Well-Known Member

30 seconds to find two threads that don't provide solutions?

I think the original poster wanted an answer or a direction to a solution, not a bunch of blathering on about it...

Yes, I'm hoping they upgrade this feature too.

5. inssane

So this is the second thread you are going to be a jacka$$ to me huh.

Maybe there is no solution, you ever think about that? If you read any of these you would see that it is more than likely a google sided issue as of Janruary 2010 being the latest.
    Contact photo size synced with google has been discussed on the google site for over a year with no fix in sight.

How is that for a solution?

6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Google saves the contact pictures at a tiny size. So any new incoming call app would have to blow up that tiny picture and it would look very ugly and pixelated. The only way to change that is having a phone app and a contact app that would be separate from Google, or at least save the pictures separate, which would mean taking up space on your phone/storage.

I don't think increasing the size of stored contact images is very high on Google's priority list. I'm willing to bet it's not even on a list of any kind. Increasing the size would mean 2-3x more storage space needed. When you have to store several hundred million pictures it adds up.

I'd let them use some of my 7GB of email storage for larger pics though. But I'm betting they give you 7GB of storage knowing 0.01% of people are actually going to use anywhere near that amount. So there's no where near 7GB per user allocated in their cloud.

inssane likes this.
  7. inssane

Yes