• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Largest Micro SD card for N1?

I think 32GB is the maximum a Nexus One supports.

Yes, and I think it is the same for pretty most current phones, as the SDHC standard used by the microSD cards sets a limit at 32GB. In theory SDHC could be extended well beyond this, so bigger microSD cards could be built then, and current phones might be able to read them (maybe requiring a firmware upgrade) - but that is a lot of maybes. Given how fast the phones become outdated and given that the SDHC standard itself has already been superceded by SDXC, current phones could likely remain at 32GB indefinitely.

Upvote 0
...you want more? buy a HDD and stick it to the phone :D

I have a 8GB card and i really don't see why upgrading to 16 [for now] ,but 32 it's too much !

P.S. : keeping all your crap on the SD card won'y make you feel better ! :)

If all your crap fits onto the SD card, then it's no wonder you are not feeling better - you need more crap! :eek:;)
My music collection would fill several cards. (Un)fortunately, as much as I like the N1 in general, I feel it is a poor music player, so I use a dedicated DAP and don't need that much space on the phone.

Upvote 0
If all your crap fits onto the SD card, then it's no wonder you are not feeling better - you need more crap! :eek:;)
My music collection would fill several cards. (Un)fortunately, as much as I like the N1 in general, I feel it is a poor music player, so I use a dedicated DAP and don't need that much space on the phone.

have you tried Poweramp? Ups the mp3 functionality of this phone in my opinion.
Back on topic I personally use a 16GB sd and see no need for more 'crap' ;)

Upvote 0
have you tried Poweramp? Ups the mp3 functionality of this phone in my opinion.

I have, actually, and you are right, it is a decent player (albeit not yet perfectly gapless). My discontentment with using the N1 as a DAP is mostly due to the hardware, though - touchscreen controls just don't work well for me, I prefer buttons (so this is not strictly a N1-specific problem, but it is aggravated by the so-so legibility of the N1's screen in the sun). Also, when not in airplane mode I can hear a low, continuous thumping noise in the background during quiet passages, using good headphones. I have read reports from other people experiencing the same, so I believe it may be some general oddity with the N1 hardware.

Upvote 0
A question along these lines--can you just straight copy everything from your existing SD to a new one? Or do all apps that you've installed to your existing SD have to be uninstalled or moved back to the phone and then reinstalled to the new SD?

I tried this ...and if you don't change anything on the phone 'till you move the content ,it's gonna turn out fine !

Upvote 0
Ive had a 16gb card since they were first available. I believe its a class 2-4 that i got for a really good price, some one correct me if im wrong but i thought that the nexus couldnt handle anything over a class 4 card. Ive managed to fill up most of my card with my music and every so often a movie or 2. I can see the benifits of having a 32 gb card as that would allow me to have most of the music i love and still have plenty of space for a few movies and to take pics and what not. Im just waiting for the 32gb cards to come out with at least a class 4 card because ive heard that it can take a while to peer thru files on the 32gb class 2 cards.

P.s.Poweramp really is the best thing out there for music on the android platform, its made me fall in love with my nexus all over again, im just hopping that 2.3 does improve on the music player and brings some of the functionality that poweramp offers.

Upvote 0
Haha reading this thread I was about to ask the same thing. I've had this 16gb card waiting to be used. Finally to rid myself of the ipod and convert to the nexus :D

iPod (FAIL as music player (for me)) is quite "unique" in it's "ingenious" methods in "installing" (cause in my opp ,you install the music) mp3's on that ..."device" ,so i don't quite know if you can back-up your iPod to your android device...

Upvote 0
iPod (FAIL as music player (for me)) is quite "unique" in it's "ingenious" methods in "installing" (cause in my opp ,you install the music) mp3's on that ..."device" ,so i don't quite know if you can back-up your iPod to your android device...

What are you saying?!

And on another note:

Someone is offering me a Kingston 32GB Class 6 for $60. I haven't driven out to physically inspect the package yet, but as far as I know (or think I know) these aren't in production yet.

What do you think? If the package looks legit, says Kingston, 32GB, and Class 6 on it... is it safe to buy?

Upvote 0
What are you saying?!

And on another note:

Someone is offering me a Kingston 32GB Class 6 for $60. I haven't driven out to physically inspect the package yet, but as far as I know (or think I know) these aren't in production yet.

What do you think? If the package looks legit, says Kingston, 32GB, and Class 6 on it... is it safe to buy?

If it sounds way too good to be true...it might be is. If Kingston hasn't produced it yet then where is your person getting it? lol

Reactions: AnotherFatalEpic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones