Laser TV.

Last Updated:

1. Pathosis

Pathosis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I know they've been out for a while...but I was wondering if anyone knew a lot about them. I've only been able to find HUGE laser tvs (60+in) and was wondering if I could get like a 42 in. I also read that they're supposed to be way cheaper than Plasma/LCD relative to size (which is another reason why I'm trying to find a smaller one). Either way, can someone fill me in or just relay your thoughts about laser TVs. IMHO, I think they will wipe out LCD/Plasma IF technology allows.

Advertisement
  2. Siflan

Siflan Well-Known Member

The laser televisions will not be sold at that size. The reason is, it's like a projection TV. It'd be real difficult to compact it. But let me check around and confirm the issue.

3. Pathosis

Pathosis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've read that they can be put in those sizes, but plasma/lcds will still dominate in the <40" range...

4. Siflan

Siflan Well-Known Member

Only 'cause of the image quality. When using lasers, light moves around at a much faster rate and needs more space to scan.

5. Masonator

Masonator Well-Known Member

just read about them now, seems to be no contrast ratios or Hz or any of the other stuff that the manufacturers use as selling points...

6. PhantomTrace

PhantomTrace Well-Known Member

answer: Politics