Last.fm scrobbling? Do I need this?

Last Updated:

1. ptamburino

ptamburino Active Member This Topic's Starter

When I playback music on my music player (from my sd card) the beginning of the song skips- every song, all the time- and it's driving me nuts. I think it's because of my sd card type, or because of Last fm scrobbing, which I have no use for at all. Since tweaking Last fm is cheaper than a new card, how do I turn off scrobbing?

When I open settings on Last fm the "scrobble Android Player" is checked, but the whole thing is in gray, not white, so I don't have the option of unchecking it. How do I get around this?

Advertisement
  2. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Open App > Settings > Uncheck "Enable Scrobbling"

Btw, I also get the same problem that when a songs starts, it skips the beginning, it doesn't happen with every song, so, it doesn't really bother me... The only reason to use the last.fm is because you actually want it for scrobbling, otherwise, there's not good use for it.... Pandora is way for better for listening to music from its server, except for the fact that it only lets you skip 6 times every hour if you get the free version...

3. ptamburino

ptamburino Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the tip. I actually had to sign out of last fm to stop the skipping. I don't use it that often, so I'm not that upset about signing back in when I will use it.