• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Last minute question(s)

hciv99

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
Hi everyone!

So I am about to root my Hero as I CAN NOT take the dialer lag anymore...! Or the texting lag for that matter (to many problems to mention).

Anyways, I have done ALOT of reading on rooting and backups etc., but I still have a few questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with.

1) When performing a Nandroid backup, is a 2gb microSD large enough in size?

2) On the new XDA guide for rooting [GUIDE] How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release for CDMA Hero - xda-developers - it mentions to do a nandroid backup (step 9). Is this the easiest way to do this?

3) Apart from anything the guide mentions is there anything that I should do with m phone pre-rooting or post-rooting that I should know about? In other words, can I just start from step 1 on the guide right now and I should be just fine in terms of rooting to 2.1 (because it also mentions how to do a nandroid back up as well).

That's it for now, and I appreciate everyone's help/time.

Thanks!:)

Hi everyone!

So I am about to root my Hero as I CAN NOT take the dialer lag anymore...! Or the texting lag for that matter (to many problems to mention).

Anyways, I have done ALOT of reading on rooting and backups etc., but I still have a few questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with.

2) On the new XDA guide for rooting [GUIDE] How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release for CDMA Hero - xda-developers - it mentions to do a nandroid backup (step 9). Is this the easiest way to do this?

3) Apart from anything the guide mentions is there anything that I should do with m phone pre-rooting or post-rooting that I should know about? In other words, can I just start from step 1 on the guide right now and I should be just fine in terms of rooting to 2.1 (because it also mentions how to do a nandroid back up as well).

That's it for now, and I appreciate everyone's help/time.

Thanks!:)

PM me, I just did my root for the first time and it was very easy. Happy to help you through it.

Pm me for AIM/gtalk details and I can walk you through it via chat on there.

Upvote 0

1. Yes, 2gb is large enough

2. Yes, that is the easiest method.

3. Backup anything you may have. All my stuff is/was sync'd with google account so there was nothing for me to backup.

Upvote 0
1. Yes, 2gb is large enough

2. Yes, that is the easiest method.

3. Backup anything you may have. All my stuff is/was sync'd with google account so there was nothing for me to backup.

Ok. So, just start from step 1 guide the guide and backup everything like you stated and I should be good to go right? There is nothing else for me to do/be concerned about? I also checked the Build Number and i was the .5 so I'm good to go that route as well...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones