Last resort fix it before I take my X10 back to the store.Support

Last Updated:

1. Afterlife

Afterlife Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Since day one of me owning my X10 I have found these forums a great help but I have a few questions that I couldn't find the answer for.

I've been having a few problems with my phone and I'm thinking it might be attached to a few apps that I've downloaded so I'd like to perform a factory reset and reformat the SD card. But before I do all that I'd like to know how to save my purchased apps before had so I don't have to purchase them again.

Fingers crossed this will fix my force close problem and mediascape problem and I wont have to take it back to the store. My mediascape problem is that it doesn't show pictures that are in the folder it will show some but not the others and when I try to open a picture from the file explore pro app it force closes. But either way I'd like to clean it and just start again and only download reliable apps in future.

And maybe some advice on what I should do first with my X10 after the factory reset to avoid problems.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it will work for purchased apps but you can try mybackup, saves alot of other things an all!

I think once you've sorted ya phone out you should either get it updated to latest firmware which improves it alot or like me, get it rooted with the latest firmware.

routed allows you to control your phone in other words.. lets you uninstall what you wasn't, able to backup not just app but also data, and soo forth.

Ps. for pictures try just pictures.. I jus got it yesterday from market.. its pretty cool lol
    Also don't know if your a music person but you can give meridian a try (i think its the conservative version).. best bit is the music control widget lol

Hope it helps.. if you need more help just let me know and il try my best to have answers for ya!!

3. Afterlife

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I ended up using MyBackUpPro (30 day trial) to back up my apps. I did a factory reset and it seems to be working better than when I first turned her on. I found out when I logged into the Market that it remembered all my purchased apps anyway (the ones worth having at least) and I put them back on that way.

When I went to the backup app to restory my calender (gemini callender app) entries and my notes (colour notes and sweet notes) that it didn't seem to back those up. Anything I can do? Maybe something I misssed when using the backup app to restore them?

I'm in Aus and am still waiting for the update to get to me. How to I root the phone?

4. Afterlife

whoops. double post :p

5. TheManWithAPlan

Ye about that.. I think mybackup only backs up notes made in the built in app aswell as calendar. that's one advantage of titanium backup once ya rooted!

Ill give ya the info but don't hold me responsible if anything messes up.
    [GUIDE] Root your X10 ! {Update 29.06 R2BA020 ROOT } - xda-developers

make sure you follow instructions based on if ur device is an x10i/x10a
    I think he's re-uploading one of the files at the moment.

Hope it helps!!

6. Afterlife

Thanks. :) I'll do that... cause trying to remember all those notes and calender entries... well I got buckleys... dang it! Oh well. Oh course I wont hold you responsible for something I mess up :) thanks for that, I wanted to use titanium but couldn't figure out how to root the phone.

7. TheManWithAPlan

Thought this video might be of some help. this could be for the x10i but im sure x10a would require these steps first before the additional ones that are specifically set for it.

R2ba020 rom rooting video - xda-developers

let me know how it works out!!

8. Afterlife

I had to reformat the phone 3 times then leave it off for a number of hours (anywhere between 6-12) before it would work to how its supposed to work.

When using it I'm treading very lightly, always careful to make sure I don't download apps that aren't verified to work just incase it was an app that messed my X10 up in the first place.

I noticed I had more than 56 hours of use before I had installed advance task killer and or enabled the juice defender and now I have about 11 hours. I don't know what more I can do to fix this problem but 11 hours isn't enough... not when I was able to get at least 24 hours (with Task Killer and Juice Defender working) so I'm really hoping I can find something to make the battery life more useful to me without removing the apps I enjoy.

I haven't rooted it yet but I'm about to to try just so I'm able to remove moxier and the apps I use Market replacements for. So that should be interesting.... knowing my luck I'm going to have to reformat the phone AGAIN!

This phone is bar far the must frustrating I've ever used.

9. Afterlife

Gah! I can't figure this rooting stuff out, but thats ok. I really wanted to remove moxier but since I can't I just wont worry about it. I just wish I could make the battery go back to 24hours of use. :(

I just wish I knew what applications I should have on the ignore/autokill lists. I don't want to mess up how the phone works.