Latest 2.1 keeps rebootingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. coorsbear

coorsbear Member This Topic's Starter

If I charge my phone with the power off when I turn it back on it automatically reboots. Then I have to re sync and re-install all apps. Just a warning. I can charge it with the phone on and unplug it then restart it normally.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Just so I understand you on this....

You are turning the phone off and charging it. Then taking it off the charger and starting it, right? Is it restarting again after that? When are you losing everything?

FWIW, you can also put the phone in airplane mode when charging. It actually uses less power than turning it off and restarting. This may also prevent your problem.

3. coorsbear

coorsbear Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. That is how I usually charge my phone. I just put it in airplane mode then I can still use the alarm. I'm training a new battery and was trying to make sure I got a full charge so I turned it off and charged it. Not sure if I disconnected the charger before turning it back on though. Anyway I will just charge in airplane mode from now on. I just wanted others to know what was happening to my phone. So they don't have to reconfigure it and reload all there apps again.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

You can't train a battery. Stop doing it.

5. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Not entirely true ... I've been able to train mine to Play Dead. :D

But seriously, while there was a perception that some battery types could be "trained," that was really just the case for older technologies, not really the batteries that are currently in use.

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i had this problem and i went back to the old 2.1 leak. then i got upset it wasnt the lastest and greatest so i reinstalled the new leak. i havent had this issue since :)