Latest Cupcake Video Demo

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

Android Developer Joey Sochaki put the latest build of Android’s Development Branch, more fondly referred to as Cupcake, onto his Dev Phone 1 and played around with some of the new features. Thankful for us he also recorded it on video and shares some insight:According to Joey, this version of the Cupcake is pretty solid [...]

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Did anyone find the video on youTube and can supply that ... since my work computer blocks vid and google of course not flash
  3. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

I tried to post it to youtube first, it "was rejected because it's longer than 10 minutes."
  4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Great video. I hope they keep coming. Talk about monotone...sheesh I nearly went to sleep.

But the features were interesting.
  5. devolio

Sorry, I was extremely tired when I threw the video together. It will be improved next time, still trying to figure out how to record the screen the best and such.
  6. dkaufman1

Devolio! That was you! Cool. Ask Rob how he did some of his early videos they were great.

I would suggest a dark room and brightness all the way up on the device. More light is always better when shooting video.
  7. Ed Burnette

Ed Burnette New Member

The browser zoom in this video looks the same as in RC33. But if you look at the Vodafone HTC Magic demo (Vodafone HTC Magic Video Review), that browser has a new circular zoom control (instead of the plus and minus buttons). Where did the circular zoom control come from, any ideas?
  8. devolio

Ahh, just another reason I shouldn't have uploaded it when I was so tired. :)

There was a huge merge that happened over the weekend, so I'll start playing with it tonight. Perhaps the circular zoom will be in this build, I'll report back tomorrow.
  9. SimonSage

SimonSage New Member

Nice run-down! If you're looking to improve quality, a lot of people shoot in the dark. The backlight tends to be enough for the camera.
  10. dkaufman1

Don't kill yourself...stick to your sunday schedule.
  11. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

@Devolio: Thank s very much for your efforts and the interesting previews...
  12. kusotare

kusotare New Member

I'm running RC33 and as previous posters have pointed out, the browser zoom is included. Also, the home-button screen flip (between the three home screens) that you mentioned in the beginning of the video is in RC33.

However, I did notice something new in the video that you didnt touch on: when you were in the security menu, there was a new option for unlocking the phone- tactile pattern. Any way you might be able to test it out and give us the scoop on that? :)

Other than that, good intel on the upcoming build! Certainly gives us junkies lots of stuff to look forward to, keep it coming!
  13. dkaufman1

@dev and rob - congrats on gizmodo picking it up

@kusotare - Currently we have unlock an option for "unlock pattern" I wonder if tactile unlock is a series of "shakes" up, up, down, down, left, right, left right?

That would solve the issue some people complain about regarding the pattern your finger leaves on the screen.