Latest Galaxy S Firmware Code?Support

Last Updated:

1. hogofddyn_

hogofddyn_ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Connected my Galaxy S to Kies for the first time last night to check for firmware updates. It says I'm running JM3 and that there are no newer versions available.
    Just wanted to check that that is actually the latest version?

Also, only one of my contacts (in phone memory) shows up in Kies - does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks!

Ed: Spose it's worth mentioning that I'm on Vodafone in the UK and got the phone about two months ago.

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Sure you don't mean "JF3"... That seems to be what most of the vodafone ones shipped with.

It's quite an old firmware but it's not obvious how 'officially' available a newer one is. Some people are seeing JM1 in Kies, whereas others aren't.

3. deviant

deviant Member

i just upgraded to JM1 last night and on Vodafone had phone since launch. even tho the process was a bit scary as the usb link servered through the update then installed a new driver in vista. I held my nerve and kies seemed to go through firmware recovery process and now have it working again. However JM1 seems alot slower for using, I was on the JF3 firmware.

4. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

Think Jm1 is the latest official release for Galaxy s others are leaked

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Depends on the region you are living in. In Hong Kong, the latest version is I9000ZSJG4.

6. iwat

iwat Member

In HK, it should be JH1...

7. hogofddyn_

hogofddyn_ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ooer, it's a fairly complicated setup then - think I'll just wait for the release based on 2.2! Assuming us on Vodafone can update to it without invalidating our warranties.